Podcast app of choice

I wish that Apple Podcast app would do 1.18x or 1.25 x speed

Overcast Smart Speed has saved me 220 hourss beyond speed adjustments alone.

I use Googleā€™s podcast itā€™s ok. Also podcast addict for Android it suits me fine does both audio.and video

I just downloaded it on Android just found a few new podcasts . You have good discovery tools there
Thanks. Iā€™ll try it out and give you a good review

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Iā€™m using it tonight and am really liking it so far. Note my post above where I was complaining about Pocket Castsā€™ poor transitioning from audio to video; your app fills my need. Iā€™ve shared to Facebook and Twitter, and Iā€™ve rated/reviewed it in the App Store. Thanks again!

Edit: My one request - how do I cast to a Chromecast device from iOS? Is that an upcoming feature? Itā€™s possible on Pocket Casts, so Iā€™m hoping to see this feature in Playapod. :smiley:

1 Like

On Android I use Podcast Addict. Really nice app. On iOS I use the default podcast app. I have been using it since the iTunes time, and it has been transferred over to the new app, and new phone. Its quite convenient, although not the most intuitive app.

Both the App and Website play video.

2 Likes

Android version supports Chromecast and iOS version supports AirPlay. Iā€™ll add that on the to-do list for iOS. Cheers ,Todd

4 Likes

Iā€™ll third that PocketCasts is excellent overall. It allows you to increase playback in increments like 1.1x, 1.2x, 1.3x ā€¦I find 1.25x too fast for normal use. Itā€™s UI is great and it works well overall. Iā€™m not sure how things will change with their new premium subscription approach, but so far no harm.

Overcast is probably the best overall playback experience, but I canā€™t really get the UI. Downcast is great for video because of itā€™s gesture controls, but I find its UI overly complex and right now itā€™s not adding new episodes to a listā€¦ Apple is ok; really not bad, but basic.

Since Iā€™ve recently switched from Android to iOS, Iā€™ve kept using same podcast app that I used on Android - Castbox. With it I could keep all the progress from listening to various podcasts on Android. At times it can be kind of infuriating app to use. It has great features, but it can be so damn buggy way too often. The biggest issue with the app is usage with car Bluetooth/CarPlay, sometimes the app will simply refuse to resume playback, unless I unlock the phone, open the app and hit play in it.

Tried Apple podcasts, but the queue management was just terrible compared to Castbox. Also tried Overcast at one point but didnā€™t really like that either.

2 Likes

Welcome RdVortex. I would try PocketCasts and Downcast (in that order). I too donā€™t get Overcastā€™s construct for managing podcasts, though the app is beautiful and sounds great.

A word of caution: both PC and Downcast are very complex at this pointā€“so many features and options may seem like overload. Stick with it. Both are good. I use PC most but give Downcast the edge for video. (I guess this is basically what I said aboveā€¦)