What's your internet speed and cost? Care to share your speed and cost?

Here’s what I get for $79 a month. Pure internet fiber from Fios in NJ.

5 Likes

Here’s mine in a post where this was asked a while ago.

2 Likes

My plan is 100Mbps down… Here’s mine:

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 2.00.29 PM

1 Like

Thanks. Would you mind letting us know your monthly cost?

1 Like

Right now I have a deal for $50/month, but it’ll go back up above $70 at some point.

2 Likes

75Mbps down and 10Mbps up (not that I get anywhere near either, but that’s why they promise “up to”), bundled with Basic cable and a bundle of 10 “packages” of channels and a phone line with free local calling for about $250CDN with all taxes in. And there is NO other wired option, not even DSL, where I am. If I were to unbundle it all, it would be about $140CDN per month for just the Internet.

2 Likes

Let’s hope the new satellites will help with that!

2 Likes

Please no wired satellites!! (just teasing)

3 Likes

Just 75 down is $140??? That’s insane. I guess mine is lower because I’m in a rural area where the competition is the satellite internet providers… Dish, for instance.

2 Likes

Canada has about the worst prices for telecommunications, for whatever reason. In many rural places there is a choice of one cable provider or one DSL provider, and most of either have resellers that can run over the incumbent’s wires. We also supposedly have 3 or 4 wireless carriers… so it LOOKS like competition in many ways, except for price. (I am pretty sure the providers somehow secretly arrange to not hurt each other.)

3 Likes

I believe C$140 is equivalent to US$14. :slight_smile:

1 Like

1:10 is about a Mexican exchange rate. The Canadian dollar right now is at about 0.75 to the US dollar. About 10 years ago it was higher than the US dollar… but because Canada is a resource based economy, the government would generally prefer we stay cheaper because Canada is the number one market for America. (For now.)

TL;DR: I pay about the equivalent of $100US JUST for cable Internet, and about $190US for the whole bundle.

4 Likes

I have fibre to the home on Australia’s NBN. I am currently on a 50/20 plan through ISP Aussie Broadband. Paying A$79 (about US$53) per month for unlimited data (I tend to use between 750 to 1000GB per month).

I used to be on a 100/20 plan, but didn’t really need that speed.

2 Likes

500 down/500 up for $49.99/month.

4 Likes

That’s pretty good for the price!

1 Like

$55.16 per month…

One

2 Likes

80.00 per month here out on the mendo coast

speed

1 Like

Fiber?? Man I’m Jealous !

3 Likes

For Black Friday last year several Swedish ISPs offered up to 60% off. I got 500/500 for 299 swedish krona, which is about 31 usd.
Measuring from my desktop computer I get 460-505 dl/ul. Measuring from my smart phone I get 300-500 dl/ul.
I dont really need 500/500, but I felt compelled to try it out since it cost the same as the 100/10 I had at the time. As I expected, in day to day usage I dont really notice a difference, but when I need to download another 18 GB patch for Modern Warfare the increased speed makes a huge difference.

3 Likes

I pay ~£35GBP pm (~$46USD) in the UK for 80Mbps Down and 20Mbps up with unlimited data. I use around 450GB down and 40GB up, of data per month.

Phone line rental is included in that price too. My understanding is that most UK domestic providers do not offer a broadband connection only. If they do then the reduction in price is only minor. I am not sure how it is in your part(s) of the world.

I am on a fiber to the cabinet(FTTC) and then copper from the street cabinet to the house. Full fiber(FTTP) is not available in my area so this is the best service available atm. (You can pay thousands to have lines/fibre put in I believe if so inclined).

You can get my service of 80/20 much cheaper but my domestic ISP provides me with a static IP, reverse dns setting and does not block ports so I can run my servers / mail server at home. You can get some of these things from cheaper providers but you normally have to contact support to arrange for these things to be done by them rather than having a dashboard to do it yourself in my limited experience.

Generally speaking domestic IP addresses in the UK are dynamic and change every so often. Handy in the old days if your IP was blocked and you could just restart the router to get a new IP. But not so handy for running servers.

4 Likes