What is your Internet Speed?

Our ATT service really Sux. 19 to 26. They advertise “up to 100” (Well I guess that is within the “Up to”)

1 Like

afraid to look it was as bad as your’s the last time I checked last year

1 Like

Lucky to live in a neighborhood where we have buried fiber. I have AT&T Fiber with 500Mbps both up and down. They offer 1Gbps but I find even with a lot of use we don’t get close to using 500Mbps. I have found once you reach a certain point, around 75 - 100 Mbps, your internet experience is determined more by the quality of your router than it is your ISP bandwidth.

3 Likes

I’m in Australia, on the National Broadband Network with fibre to the home. I am paying for 50/20 and getting those speeds. I used to be on 100/40, but didn’t need the speed and cost. Going faster than that gets crazy expensive.

4 Likes

109.38 Down
9.33 Up
This is at my office. Charter-Spectrum.

1 Like

Verizon FiOS gigabit tier, so 940mbps down and ~800mbps up.

I’ve been able to max it out pretty consistently, so I’m satisfied with the service although I feel as though I’m paying out the nose. Had to raise hell to get them down to 99$ per month.

3 Likes

Our local telecom here offers Gigabit symmetric fiber connections in select areas, and we jumped on it as soon as it was available in our neighborhood. The only current bottle neck is the Google WiFi firewall which limits us to 710Mbps down, by 860Mbps up average. I tried to mention this much to @gigastacey before she moved to Bainbridge, as we are on a different island in Puget Sound. But I guess it wasn’t enough of an incentive.

1 Like

I was at 50/5 for years. Honestly, it was more than enough for me but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to upgrade for only $10/month. That’s how they get you, I guess. I’m now at 155/15.

1 Like

That is definitely impressive, although I don’t know what I would do with that much speed. It would be a great problem to have. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m in a rural area on a meager income, so 100Mbps.

1 Like

Would be interesting to compare the cost people pay for Internet access. I pay A$79 per month for 50/20 unlimited data. By no means the cheapest ISP I could have chosen (but I do have choice of dozens), but great customer service and very low congestion.

On the mobile side, I pay A$65 for 20GB, unlimited text and calls.

Trim negotiated a $50 monthly deal for me for 12 months. Before that, it was $75.

1 Like

$150 a month for 500Mbps and U-Verse tv on top of it for 2 TV’s.

1 Like

Some of you guys are so lucky!

I get 50/5 for $100 a month it sucks. I can’t wait for Starlink. From what I’m reading Mariana’s is going to be one of the first areas they focus on so hopefully it won’t be too long. It will force competition. As of right now we have two ISPs and they’re both awful.

1 Like

I am at 75 MBS and I am quite happy wt that…

1 Like

$65/mo. for combination landline and DSL @ ~100Mbs from a local indie ISP. I consider myself fairly lucky.

1 Like

So… despite the perceptions that Australian internet is bad, the prices seem to be fairly competitive with at least the US, and 95% of us have a choice of ISP.

1 Like

89 MBPS down and and just over 10 MBPS up.

When it comes to choice of ISP, the US is as a out as bad as it gets :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In reply to myself I wanted to mention Docomo finished laying a fiber line from Japan to the island and they are working steadily to lay new underground lines throughout the island. We also have Starlink coming as well as Virgin Galactic which should spur some better infrastructure. So it’s not all bad but Docomo still doesn’t have any real competition.

1 Like