The Photo Thread: Week of 2022-11-06

Hi there,

back with some photography from yesterday’s not-so-sunny Sunday walk. All taken on a Samsung S21 Ultra.

Power to the people:

Forest for the trees:

Church in the distance:

Lines in the field:

8 Likes

The symmetry of the electrical tower (from below) is very interesting.

2 Likes

… and surprisingly difficult to pull off. I believe it takes four axis to line up (two in the horizontal and two in the angle of the camera) for which one has little indication of being aligned. Plus you’re standing under an electrical tower, slightly swaying, in an awkward pose, like enchanted in some strange sort of photographic ritual. Glad you like it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lunar eclipse photos. It was a bugger to focus. Heavily cropped photos from a Canon EOS M50 and a 250mm lens.

8 Likes

Here are a couple I took with a Nikon DSLR and f/2.8 70-200mm lens. The sky in the tree photo is not real…I shaded it in Lightroom to bring out the tree shape.

4 Likes

Even more difficult in the states as these are usually fenced in.

1 Like

Little Pied Cormorant. Taken at Adelaide Zoo on my iPhone 14 Pro.

4 Likes

Huh! Wasn’t aware of that. I wonder if the towers are larger, carry more load, and might be more critical to protect in parts of the US than here.

I suspect it might have more to do with keeping fearless idiots from trying to climb them :wink:

2 Likes

Light show at the zoo

3 Likes

For a second I thought it was going to be some sort of Dalle style AI pictures. :wink:

1 Like

Silk fabric over wire frames. For scale the Cobra is about 15 feet high.

1 Like

Yes, probably from people climbing. Not all are fenced, like rural ones and more cell phone tower types.

1 Like

I love taking photos of railtracks for some reason. Just a quick snap on my iPhone while waiting for a train home today.

1 Like

I suspect you like the orderliness of the parallel lines proceeding into the distance. My friend once took a photo of a train bridge that he printed as a poster size black and white and it was stunning, and the framer continued the track lines into the matte which made it even more interesting.

2 Likes