The Photo Thread - Week of 2020-11-15

New thread for the week. I hope everyone is staying safe.

Making a point to take my GR II out with me as it’s been neglected since I got the X100V. I did intend to sell it…but I don’t think I want to :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I made it back to the bird sanctuary for the first time since the pandemic hit (they were closed for months and have recently opened to very limited numbers).

Saw some ring necked ducks

And my old friends the sand hill cranes

13 Likes

Some “normal” November weather has returned. It was nice to take a walk out in the cooler temps.

6 Likes

Some fun with the Pixel 5 ultrawide before work

9 Likes

“Ramming speed!” The way he seems to be staring at the camera! :smiley:

I played with the night mode of the S20+… Results are not really that good, IMHO.

Starscape looking up through the branches of a tree.

View across the field to the houses and over to the hill behind the river.

Jupiter and Saturn, I think.

Experiment shining a flashlight up into the branches of a tree.

6 Likes

Had a really colorful sunset a couple days ago.

5 Likes

I dig the “experiment”

Took a family trip to the local Shipwreck museum today. Lots of cool pieces but the colour on one of the cannons really caught my eye.

In camera image from the Fuji X100V

9 Likes

Phenomenal Sunday, nice and cold. Have a good start into the new week! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

A better night slot of the seven sisters.

10 Likes

Yesterday was another unseasonably warm day in NYC so I decided to make the trek to Central Park to enjoy the weather.

9 Likes

They have a very intense stare. It makes them a very photogenic duck.

1 Like

That is a fantastic shot!

1 Like

A cold start to the day this weekend at the Lake.

4 Likes

Caught the sunset walking the dog. That’s an Iron Age hill fort on the horizon.

6 Likes

Our marketplace and lovely shopping market for local producers. Taken with Pixel 4a zero editing.

6 Likes

Greetings from the gigantic, friendly :snail: close by the Oktoberfest meadow (certainly empty this year) from a cold late evening walk.

“By American artists Jason Rhoades and Paul McCarthy. Stands in ironic contrast to the dream of speed, but at the same time embodies the longing for unlimited mobility with their portable house.” (from the Munich city website)

It’s about 15 feet tall.

4 Likes

Courthouse in downtown San Antonio yesterday…

3 Likes

Our next-door neighbour at home. We’ve just sorted some LED floodlamps, looks good :+1:t2: Still some old sodium ones round the back to do.

‘The Cathedral of the Vale’. Built in 1240, it lost its spire in a storm in 1740.

5 Likes