The Photo Thread: Week of 2021-11-21

Cold Sunday morning turns into sunny day.

9 Likes

My first bee photos for the spring/summer season. Could be a little sharper, but quite pleased with these.

8 Likes

Love the color temperature. Definitely sense the cold

3 Likes

WOW. Dadgum bees are hard to shoot. Nice

4 Likes

You can guess the name of this condo building :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Finally got around to processing at least one of my lunar eclipse photos. I sure learned a lot on this outing.

11 Likes

How did you take it and what did you learn? Do tell! :slight_smile:

Made this photo with Olympus OM-D E-M1, 300mm + 2x converter giving me a 1200mm equivalent field of view. Processed using Topaz Sharpen AI and Lightroom.

Lessons learned:

• When it’s 20 degrees outside, make sure the truck is good and warmed up for between shots. (I was out watching/photographing the eclipse for almost 2 hours.)
  • 1200mm makes it hard to find the subject.
  • Need a gimbal head on my tripod that is more stable and has micro adjustments.
  • Tried using the camera’s hi-res mode (which takes an 80 megapixel if on a tripod or 50 if handheld), should have played with it more before this event. Don’t think it works with a moving subject.
  • When it’s cold and dark it really helps to know your camera’s controls inside and out. I do not. Need to work on that. Because of the tripod issue, I kept bumping the camera so that I’d lose the moon from the viewfinder.
  • Law enforcement thinks it is a little strange to see someone kneeling in a parking lot at 3 a.m.
  • Manual focusing at 1200mm is almost impossible and the moon is closer than the lens’ infinite setting.
  • Should have taken some shots without the 2x converter.
4 Likes

I really like to frosted leaves one.

3 Likes

Sounds like a fun night! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Came across this youngster on this morning’s hike

3 Likes

The line of ice is here

3 Likes

The holiday markets are up and running in NYC

4 Likes

Beautiful image! You made me laugh with your Law Enforcement item. :slight_smile: