OMG - Is it TWIT or the Greg Ferro show?

I have just registered to post a similar response, my word does this man hate everything and have nothing nice to say about anything…

Never heard someone be so negative about every, that I just had to stop listening.

I know he has strong opinions, but there needs to be a balance. this was was like listening to a spoilt child not getting what they want and pointing at fault in everything you’ve ever done for them and will ever do

1 Like

I agree even John Dvorak likes some things and he is fun to listen to.

1 Like

Using terms like uninformed to describe Ferro is in itself and uninformed opinion. He is a true expert in all-things enterprise tech. I find his arguments quite cogent although his delivery might be more tailored for a room full of dumb execs who think the internet is delivered in pipes. He has to turn the dial down on the aggression even though his message is spot on.
Complaining that someone has an “opinion about everything” on a talk show is also weirdly opinionated. I want to hear all the opinions.

Leo is a contrarian at times in order to keep the discussion lively and balanced. Ferro, to me, is like the Dvorak I miss. I disagreed with 70% of what came out of the guys mouth, but I wanted to hear it.

Karsten’s commentary off-cameras is truly a welcome addition. He almost feels like my own voice working its way into the show.

Justine came alive to me more toward the end of the show where the topics turned toward her area, but she was very subdued in the earlier part of the show.

Oh, and Alex needs to work on controlling his “ums” and “you know’s”.

3 Likes

Not just you. If Greg is on, I won’t listen for all the reasons you described. Thankfully it doesn’t happen often.

I noticed that he hasn’t been on the show in a very long time. Anyone miss him?
Has he been “Dvorak’ed”?

What happened to Dvorak that you’re using his name as a verb? I thought he just wanted to spend more time with olive oil.

From Wikipedia:
In September 2015, Leo Laporte famously “banned” Dvorak—his long-time friend and frequent guest—from TWiT for various comments Dvorak made on Twitter.[9] In reply to Dvorak’s comments that Laporte was biased, Laporte told Dvorak “you won’t ever have to worry about it again”,[14] insinuating that he never wanted Dvorak back on TWiT. Laporte apologized a few days later.[15] Dvorak returned to TWiT on December 23, 2018.

Also, he hasn’t been back since. Dvorak is a wet towel, always proclaiming doom and gloom. I think Leo wants a happy place. I loved Dvorak.

Asking about Ferro for the same reasons, though Mr. Ferro was MUCH more combative and dismissive, to the point of taking over the shows.