Mike Elgan reporting for duty!

You missed me… But I wasn’t checked in yet. Looking forward to some dialogue here and there, Mike. You are such an elegant, intelligent gentleman in all your twit conversations. I hope you’re getting coverage for your food trips in the epicurean and fashion magazines. I own an international fragrance company make we’ll overlap some day. http://bit.ly/DoHopWikiP

Thank you!! I really appreciate that. : )

Thank you and thank you. Fragrance-making: That sounds like an amazing line of work. Is your company based in the United States?

1 Like

Hi Mike…love when you’re on TWIG…you add a very intelligent perspective. Hope to see you on the show soon.

2 Likes

Thank you!! You’ll see me on TWiT Sunday, in fact.

5 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait to watch… especially your opinions on the upcoming Pixel 4… “PixelNerd” here lol

3 Likes

Any German culinary delights, like Lapskaus, Königsberger Klopse, Wildragout etc. planned? All washed down with a nice Dunkelweißen or some fine German wine.

I’d like to come on one of your culinary workshops, but my wife only speaks German, so it would probably be a little difficult.

Want to hear something crazy? My wife’s never been to Germany. I’ve been there only twice to attend CBIT. We both love German food, though, and ate some really good German food while in Switzerland.

3 Likes

I fist came to Germany as a child, we had a holiday here in the 70s.

I then met some Germans on a motorbike holiday in France in 1997 and they invited me over to a small town near Hannover for Easter - the guy and his girlfriend roast a whole pig over a charcoal pit every year. I fell in love with the place; I took a walk through the town and along the old town wall ruins, which were planted with cherry blossoms, they were just in full bloom as I was there.

I moved to Germany in 2002 and have lived here ever since, to start with in Bavaria and now in Lower Saxony. There is a lot of great food, beer and wine, but also some really dreadful dishes as well! Just like the UK, where I grew up - the Germans always make fun of me and say that Brits can’t cook. :smiley:

1 Like

I am in Peru, Armenia sounds interesting. Would it be good for an older woman traveling alone?