TTG 1954 for Sunday 18 December 2022

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

I enjoyed the show. I look forward to your new once-weekly podcast with Mikah. Enjoy your Saturdays doing whatever you want!!

Thanks for all you do for the Tech community, Leo.

2 Likes

Is the “Good Bye Tech Guy” available in the net?

The song? Leo posted it on Mastodon I think

1 Like

Thanks for a great radio presence over the years. On KFI after Jeff Levy (plug and pray) but also on podcasts thank goodness and I also will look forward to The Tech Guys on Sunday. I may have to figure out how to follow so I can continue listening. Thanks for the memories!

If you subscribe to the Tech Guy podcast you’ll get episode 1956 as usual. It will sound a mite different but the idea is to do a very similar show.

If you don’t subscribe, well then, https://www.techguylabs.com/ and press one of the subscribe buttons!

Thanks for listening!

1 Like

Man, @Leo , just one word: congratulations! Just listened to the show. I think the first one twelve years ago. Even though nothing really changes for you or us podcast listeners, it’s important to observe milestones.

Your success gives me hope that fun and friendly people can make it big time - not just the… peculiar people of billionaire fame.

Very Merry Christmas to you and the team! :slight_smile: :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Has the Giz Wiz am and pm etc also been retired?

I think that @Leo will still have some guests on his new show, but not at the same frequency because there just isn’t enough time in one day to have two days worth of former guests. I’m sure it will take a few weeks to get the new schedule all ironed out and get into a new rhythm. As for Dick specifically, I don’t know what that plans are, so hopefully Leo will chime in.

The Giz Wiz will still make appearances.
The Giz Fiz will now be on Wednesdays after TWIG.

Congratulations on your radio retirement @Leo !! You will be missed on the airwaves, but a retirement well deserved.

I was hoping that if there are no copyright issues that perhaps the theme song from the Tech Guy Show could be posted for download? I tried doing a Google Search and noticed there was a link to a place on the twit wiki, but it appears that the wiki has been retired.

Does anyone know if this is still available anywhere.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!!

You can still use archive.org. Here is the list of TWiT theme songs: Music - The Official TWiT Wiki

The Tech Guy theme is available on Google drive: http://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8b8A2JrhVKDX08xdXJvVHlYU2M/edit

Thanks, I looked into that but it appears that the file is no longer being shared in that google drive account anymore. :frowning:

I still seem to have access. I get redirected to a different URL, which should also work for you:

The theme is also available on YouTube.

But I also can’t access any file that I have not accessed before. Could be due to this Google Drive update. Here’s what that Google Drive “security update” message means | Ars Technica

1 Like

When I get home I’ll publish The Tech Guy theme here. I own it so you can do anything you like with it.

2 Likes

Thanks for finding this!

Thank you @Leo !

Hope you had a wonderful vacation and Happy New Year!