Low Cost Android Phones offering consistent software updates

To those who feel comfortable with going Unlocked GSM and want some DECENT Android Update support with legacy features (FM Radio, Headphone Jack), check out the Nokia mobile devices; To those who do not do HIGH POWERED Tasks such as gaming, this should be a viable option. I plan on getting the Nokia G50 for my Dad and I had experience w/ the Nokia 7.1 in the past.

2 Likes

Big fan of Nokia’s offerings as well. I got my parents a Nokia 5.4, it’s been great for them.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. it looks like the G50 gets updates until 2024.
My Moto One Action will being dropping off support soon and I was thinking about iPhone, but I will have to give Nokia a look over before I jump to the dark side.

Moto annoyed me by not updating the phone 'droid 11 since the US and Canada versions are not part of the One program so they updated all other versions around the world but these.

2 Likes

I finally went back to iPhones this year. Mainly because of privacy and partly for the haphazard approach to updates. It is getting better, but still not good enough.

I don’t have any loyalty to any side. I’ve used Nokia, Ericsson and Samsung mobile phones and went through Windows CE, iOS, Windows Phone and Android over the years. I still think WP was probably the best mix, but it just never caught on.

I don’t like Apple’s walled-garden approach, but I do prefer their stand on privacy, so that made the most sense this time round.