Choices for new phone

Looking to upgrade to a new phone and retire my pixel. I’m on Verizon and after Motorola’s newest phone announcements I’m trying to decide between the z4 and the new one action. $250-300 is my limit.
I plan on using my phone to take lots of pictures and videos while at different snowmobile races.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

So, I guess the new Razr is out. :stuck_out_tongue: (I’m likely going to save up for that)

Which Pixel do you have? I have the Motorola X4 and it has been a beast. It hasn’t slowed down even after the Pie upgrade (I do have Google Fi and it is the stock Android model). The photos are top notch too.

One of my favorite features is the gestures to open the camera or turn on the flashlight. I twist my hand twice and the camera opens. Karate chop twice and the light turns on. I don’t even have to look at the screen; real handy.

I think it is well in your price range and Motorola sells the unlocked version on their site, too.

The original pixel. It’s still chugging along but now that the security updates are not going to happen I figure I should get a new phone.
The 2 phones I mentioned are pretty much the same. One has a 3500 milliwatt battery the other a 3600.
The cameras are pretty much identical. But one has wide angle lense.
The biggest difference though is the z4 has a snapdragon processor and the one active is something else that I can’t remember at 4 am and I can’t get back to sleep.

I got my mom a Nokia 6.1 last year, no complaints on it. She takes an impossible number of pictures too. https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_us/nokia-6-2018

Can’t say anything about the Motorola models, last one I used was the old Moto X with a wooden rear panel. Such an underrated phone.

1 Like