FOP 4: IT-ish

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

2 Likes

Went a lil’ long, but I really enjoyed today’s energy (as usual)

1 Like

As an Olympus shooter, I’d hate to see them go. But I also wouldn’t be surprised. m43 sensor has not advanced fast enough, IMO. Sony just doesn’t have enough incentive to make better m43 sensors :frowning: But it was debunked already. But you can also just say they’ll say anything to the very end :slight_smile:
But on a side note, I’ve seen that personal view site come up on the video site quite often. So they aren’t some fly by night site.

On Lightroom, from a personal point, I want to import and sort/rate/simple crops/maybe some edits. A tablet feels perfect for that. Specifically on travel. Don’t want a big laptop. Don’t want to wait to get home to sort. Direct import to get working right away is great. What I will give you is that uploading (space is just temp for me, I move it locally at home)… this breaks down w/o good wifi. And a Dell XPS13 is… pretty damn small these days.

2 Likes

Seems like I remember you mentioning your LR wishlist :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Thanks for listening, bro

Don’t worry about the length of the show, if you have something interesting to say, I’ll be listening.

4 Likes

Nah, wasn’t too long. Really enjoyed to show!

4 Likes

Preciate ya, my man . I really enjoyed the chat

Oh good. THANKS, my man. Mr Brazill is awesome.

Great show! I find it heartening to know that there isn’t this whole giant gulf between the “technicals” of IT and the “creativity” of photography.

Also, this broad format for photography topics makes me realize how little you normally hear about rather important things on, especially when you’re trying to get into this as a hobby. So, thank you for this podcast!

(On a technical note, I noticed when it switched to the interview at the end, I had to switch my podcast speed from 1.5x back down to 1.0x and bump up on volume due to ambient background noise and ever-present hum that comes from ad-hoc recording in a building. Not sure if there’s any audio scrubbing that the TWiT team can do.)

That said, the interview was still well worth the listen! I got started on a point-and-shoot I inherited, getting really interested because of my Note8’s camera, and now considering getting a Canon Rebel because a Black Friday advertisement hooked my interest… this story sounds super familiar!

1 Like

THANKS for listening to the show AND the bonus audio. Yeah it wasn’t the most ideal setting for recording audio and believe it or not, I scrubbed out a bunch of ambient audio on it. Lol! Sorry about the difference in quality, but I just couldn’t let that conversation go unheard. I really appreciate you listening. Speaking of Canon Rebel, I’ve YET to find mine since I moved here. I don’t know where that dadgum thing is and it’s really bothering me. I loved my rebel. :frowning:

1 Like

Ant, I just wanted to suggest having Leo on to show of photo and talk about his trip. Again great shows.

2 Likes