Edge,chromium or not

Hello
I had to update my windows from 1809 to 1909
But edge on this update didn’t got updated to chromium
Not the question is if i should be happy not to get chromium or not
I’m really Not a fan if chrome as it is slow and ram hungry and prefer edge ( I have to use chrome on my work laptop and pc and not my favorite)
So what would be the lost if move to new edge
Thanks

If you don’t use Edge then no loss. It’ll be updated to the Chromium version on the next OS update no doubt.

1 Like

I use only edge at home
My work laptop slready got it but 1909 at home doesn’t have it yet
I don’t have a good feeling on chrome in general
How worse is chromium edge comparing to old edge

I use The new Edge at work. I think it is better than legacy Edge (which is there too). PDF reader built in to legacy Edge is better, but I use Foxit for that anyway.

1 Like

I have noticed, on my most used PC, that in the last 6 months, EVERY time the PC is acting funky (usually the screen won’t unblank and stays black for quite awhile) it’s because of Chrome. I don’t even really use Chrome, but I sometimes launch it and leave a single tab with something in it (there are a few times where my Firefox plugins cause a site to not render right in Firefox, so I try it in Chrome.) Sitting, with one tab open, I frequently catch Chrome pigging out on RAM and/or CPU cycles. For that reason, I don’t expect Chredge to work any better, and am in no hurry to have access to it. (I wouldn’t likely use it any more than I use Edge… to download and install Firefox.)

1 Like

I have not really had that issue with Chrome for months. Google did a bit of work a while back to trim back memory usage. To me that has been successful. At work, I have Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer (yuck!) running for days at a time without issues.

1 Like

Yeah i have the same at work
Chrome for company site
Edge dor internet
Ie for ess
But at home the only time i used chrome was for google drive that wasrefusing to work on edge