Accessibility on Chredge

I’ve been running the Chredge betas for a good while now, and I’m very impressed with how it works.

For one thing, it seems to be the only Chromium based browser that actually respects high-contrast windows themes. It’s not perfect, though. Sometimes it makes images disappear, but Microsoft seems to be working hard on making sure this works for people with low vision.

You can also have Chredge read articles aloud with a decent TTS voice.

I still need to dig into other options, but the changes they’ve made recently are great. I’m using Firefox as my main browser right now, but at this rate, I’m probably going to switch to Edge.

1 Like

I love the fact that there are so many Chromium browsers popping up, but I worry that being down to 2-3 rendering engines isn’t good for the open web.

Sorry for going off topic…

2 Likes

You should move your post over here :wink:

1 Like

I know web browsers have a Javascript and feature compatibility suite to measure against. I wonder is there something similar for accessibility? If not, there probably should be something made.

I’m not sure. I know there are accessibility tests for web development, but I have no idea if there’s anything for browsers themselves.

There are some W3C User Agent Standards for Accessibility (includes browsers or anything that can render web content). Here’s a quick link to the W3C Accessibility Standards page:

Though you might like to also read up on the Overview for User Agents Accessibility Standards: