Converting video on an iPad

I am trying to live my tech life solely on my iPhone 14 pro max and my iPad Pro 6th generation 12.9. I don’t want to use a desktop or laptop anymore.
I have a question about video converting.
On my devices I have some ISO files of backed up family DVDs. I can view them using VLC.
I’d like to be able to convert them to MP4. I was able to download FFMeg on to my iPhone from the App Store but not on my iPad. And the iPhone version gave no options at all. I don’t even know where it saved the file it said it was converting.
I downloaded another app, but then found out it was limited to file sizes of 2 GB or less, so that’s no good for me.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Sure, use a desktop computer to run Handbrake. There is nothing wrong with using the right tool for a job… and mobile OSes just are not well suited to the massive file sizes that media transcoding frequently involves.

Ok. Guess I’ll have to do that.
Thanks.

Well, I’m happy that I finally figured it out a couple weeks ago. Now I can covert any video format stored on my device or the iCloud. iOS is great!

1 Like

Perhaps you could share your process to help anyone else facing a similar situation?

1 Like

Or better yet, call in and tell us all about it on Sunday!

1 Like