Browser choices

Firefox has long been my backup browser on my mac, but decided to give it a try as my primary browser since it looked like it was rendering pages much faster than Safari, even with private relay turned off. After I’ve been using for most of the day today I’ve found FF to be considerably faster than Safari. I’ve switched over on my ios devices, but that’s just for sync as those are still using webkit

I’ll be curious to see if I live without some of the safari integrated things, such as auto-fill of emailed and texted one-time codes.

What are others running for a brower on macos and ios?

1 Like

I use Edge across the board.

Edge on a Mac? :open_mouth:

I use Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. I actually use Firefox with strict security settings & DuckDuckGo as the search engine for all of my personal web browsing. I use Chrome specifically for my Google Workspace account for my work Google Mail, Google Drive, Calendar, etc. Then I use Safari for my personal Google account. I have to use Google services for certain things so I prefer to keep those sand boxed in their own browsers.

I would have to say that I prefer Firefox though over anything else, although it can be a bit of a RAM hog. I think just about every browser is now though.

Yes, when I used a Mac I used Edge. And now for some blasphemy, I use Linux and run Edge on it.

Firefox on MacOS most of the time and Safari on iOS. I have been using Safari more on MacOS thanks to Hide my Email and Apple Pay. I use Hide My Email once a week at minimum.

I use Firefox as my main browser, i have done since the early 2000s, when it was called Phoenix.

I did try Chrome for a few months, when it came out and when I swapped to Android in the early 2010s, again for a few months.

Today I use Safari on mobile, Firefox on the desktop and Safari and Brave as backups.

Firefox is great, I have been using it for years and it as my main browser for my work laptop. I also use Vivaldi on my personal laptop as a chrome substitute.

1 Like

Adam Engst has a long thread on browser choices on his TidBits forum Do You Use It? Mac Web Browsers - Community Pages - TidBITS Talk Safari is the winner followed by Firefox.

I use Brave almost exclusively but switch to Safari for the handful of sites which don’t work on Brave. I have tried Arc but can’t see what the benefits are.