Brave Browser -- Gonna try it out more regularly thanks to Leo

Brave’s CEO is Brendan Eich. He created the abomination that is JavaScript and is a homophobe. He was kicked out of Mozilla because of his homophobia and the problems that process caused still cause division inside of Mozilla to this day. (I have a friend who is a former Mozillian.) JavaScript “borrowed” the Java name because it was popular at the time, but it traded on that name in the worst possible ways. http://www.devsanon.com/rants/stupid-javascript/ And now he has come up with a way to enrich himself while stealing other advertiser’s advertising money and putting it in his pockets, aka Brave and BAT tokens. I can’t see anything good about this man or the ways he has corrupted the web.

4 Likes

I use Firefox on Mac, Windows and Linux

1 Like

I never knew any of this

1 Like

Thank you. This is information I appreciate knowing when deciding any product to use. I do believe I will skip trying Brave. I’m very happy with Fire Fox!

Well, I have been using the Brave browser for two weeks now. I have to say that I like it, but I still have use Chrome for my language lessons and searching by voice. Brave doesn’t work with the mike on my MacBook.
I will keep using it. I have checked out of the outrage culture. Milk, eggs, and rock n roll, all things you are better off not knowing where they come from.

3 Likes

Did you try changing the settings for the mic?
Privacy and Security > Site settings > Microphone

Yes, it engages, but cuts off before I have spoken more than a syllable or two. Googling shows that this has been an on going problem.

2 Likes

so another unresolved Brave issue.

2 Likes

I started using Brave a year ago when Leo first mentioned it as I have tried to eliminate the use of all Google products. It worked very well at first on my Mac and my iOS devices. However a couple of months ago bookmark sync went haywire—random bookmarks synced most not, bookmark folders synced but with no content.
I have tried the Brave help and community forums without success and am considering switching to Firefox.
Does anyone have any insight?

1 Like

Is Twit still sponsoring Brave. I went to download it from the Sponsor page of Twit website but it wasn’t listed as a Sponsor

Brave website still shows Welcome TWiT listeners.

1 Like

Thanks. These links don’t necessarily indicate that Twit is still sponsoring a company. For example, Harrys (Shaving) was a sponsor awhile back but no longer. If you go to harrys.com/twit you can still get the discount. That being said, just the fact of the link working doesn’t mean they are still a sponsor. I was concerned that something caused the separation or was it just the contract was up.

Most likely Brave just bought ads spots for the duration they did before the holidays. Its normal for some sponsors to come and go in short periods.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure there were no issues.

Could be do to this:

or this:

2 Likes

Thanks for the links…

2 Likes