Bluetooth keyboard loses connection to iPad Pro

I have a 12.9 6th generation iPad Pro with the latest iOS. I’ve connected it to the Bluetooth keyboard shown below. After 20 minutes or so the Bluetooth keyboard disconnects and I have to toggle it’s on/off switch to reconnect.
Is there a Bluetooth timeout connection in the iPad’s settings that I haven’t found yet? Or do you think it’s a problem with the keyboard?
Thanks!

Is it happening while you using the keyboard? I can see where it might go into a power saving mode if unused.

It doesn’t happen when I’m using the keyboard. I guess it’s just a keyboard function to drop Bluetooth after inactivity.

It does look like a feature. Says this on the Amazon listing…

‘and the bluetooth will automatic shut down if without any operations within ten minutes,too. It is the power saving design.’

2 Likes

Most Bluetooth keyboards go to sleep after a while, although it usually only take a key tap to wake them back up. This generally means that you need to press a key, wait for the reconnect, then continue typing. Anything typed during the wake up and reconnect phase will generally be lost - depending on the keyboard, some will buffer, but cheaper units will often just drop them.

1 Like

Thanks for all of your responses! I guess it pays to read a bit more…