ATG 1960: Quibbles and Bits

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

Re: “How to clear out your Siri suggestions”

ROFLMAO: I laughed while listening about “Siri trying to compete with HAL9000 and SkyNet”. However, how do you make a “timestamp” on “Twit.tv”? I only know how to make it on YouTube:

Hey Mikah and Leo, thanks for taking my call. I tried Mikah’s suggestion to long-press on the Siri Suggestion button to try to set the preferred garage button on the CarPlay console, but unfortunately no context menu ever popped up. Well, it was a good idea! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a context menu on a CarPlay interface in any case.

Guess I’ll have to wait for them to actually fix the Siri Suggestion code. In the meantime, I’ll keep reinforcing the “Big Garage Door” preference the old-fashioned way.

Jeff Kirk

1 Like

Hey Jeff,

I saw you on The Tech Guys show and the HomeKit issue with your garage doors sounds frustrating. I updated to the recent version of HomeKit a few weeks ago and now the recordered video from my Eufy cameras is no longer on iCloud. I read Apple developers are focused on fixing a number of issues with HomeKit and hopefully both our issues will be fixed soon!

Hey Steve,

Yeah, it’s pretty maddening. I guess I’ll have to do what I didn’t want to do, and just delete the small garage door from HomeKit. Assuming HomeBridge lets me do that. When you configure the Vivint plugin, it just adds all of the detected devices in one big group.

BTW what do you mean by “reordered video” from your Eufy cameras?

Jeff

Oops, sorry, a typo. I should have said “recorded video”; i.e., past video is supposed to be stored on iCloud but currently can only see live video. I also record video on an SD card and can see it there but would be nice to have feature back on the Home app.

Regarding the segment where the caller was wanting to cancel cable/internet service for a. deceased relative, I have a failsafe way to do so. Simply tell them that you are moving to (country of your choice) and they will not be able to try to retain you. I once said I was moving to Japan. It stopped them in their tracks and they had to accept the fact I no longer needed their service.

The last time I cancelled service, I walked into the local office (can’t do that anymore, since there is no office) and handed them my equipment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah with Comcast, at least, in person is always much better than on the phone.

1 Like