Anyone still miss retired shows?

The other day was the ten year anniversary of the last net @ night show with @Leo and Amber (at least according to the show page, but it doesn’t seem possible it was that long ago). I loved that show and will occasionally go back and listen to an episode from the archives. It was such a different time. Just listen to an early episode where they’re talking about the 2006 SXSW festival.
Another hidden gem was Munchcast with Cammy Blackstone. Finally Leo could eat on air without getting grief from people!
And of course Home Theater Geeks, which was the best show of its type, bar none. Still great to hear Scott on The Tech Guy but it’s not the same.

I worry sometimes that some of the magic is fading as everything is forced to contract to only the most bankable shows, but I guess that’s just business these days.

2 Likes

I miss Dick DeBartolo and the daily GizWiz

And holy cow… I just discovered that it’s still going?!? just not on the TWiT network!? I don’t know how I missed that

2 Likes

The GizWiz also still has a weekly Saturday appearance on Leo’s The Tech Guy show.

3 Likes

As well as a weekly non-recorded live event after the Saturday show.

3 Likes

I too, miss several shows…
This week in law
Home theater geeks
Triangulation
IFive for the iPhone (yes, it morphed into iOS today but I also miss Sara Lane
Dr. Kikis Science hour

But, I must add that I do love many of the shows that are newer or still hanging on!

1 Like

Home Theater Geeks was a great show. Very informative, fascinating and educational. Scott did a great job for me of guiding the content and jumping in and explaining the basic principle of something when the guest go a bit a technical.

This Week In Computer Hardware I also enjoyed.

2 Likes

I agree…loved this show and learned quite a bit. It was one of the best shows for totally geeking out!

1 Like

Screensavers. I was happy when it come back and sad to see it go yet again. I understand why it went but that is probably the show I miss the most.

2 Likes

I loved the know-how show. The last streak towards the end of drones 24/7 was a bit much. But it was so geeky and cool that I couldn’t help but love it.

2 Likes

I miss when they wouldn’t say “on both sides” as if there is a full spectrum of representative positions, when this is most certainly not the case.

Programming 101 for me. I learned Python, C# and re-learned Perl.

1 Like

TWIL was always a great listen.

2 Likes

I listened to Tech News Today a lot, but not since it became Tech News Weekly. I mainly listen to Tom Merritt and Sarah Lane on DTNS for my daily tech news now.

Yes, Know How I enjoyed too and the occasional Triangulation. I really enjoyed GizWiz when it was Dick and Leo goofing around (I haven’t laughed harder than when Leo tried out crazy gadgets!). I watched GizWiz with OMGChad for a while when it went independent, but I just tailed off from that. Might give it another watch…

1 Like

For me, it’s Triangulation. Over the course of 400+ programmes, Leo et al recorded many fascinating interviews with the greatest minds in the tech industry (the sessions with Bill Atkinson, Stephen Wolfram and Bruce Schneier are particularly good).

I suspect that these programmes will end up being the TWiT content most treasured in the decades to come. They are truly “ever-green” content, unlike most of the rest of the TWiT output.

2 Likes

I loved Triangulation with Tom and Leo. Still excellent with just Leo, but I admit I skipped later episodes without Leo.

2 Likes