Any way to contact TWIT to get on the podcast?

questions in the title.

This is not an official answer, but it would probably also help to know which show you’re targeting. In any case, start by sending a message to @JasonHowell maybe? He produces for a lot of the shows, so he would certainly know the process, if there is one for volunteering to appear.

I get requests to be on TWiT all the time, but I pretty much stick with established tech journalists with a pretty broad area of expertise. I try to keep all our shows from turning into advertisements so I avoid tech executives.

It helps if I know you, or at least know your name!

It also helps if you know how to spell the show.

4 Likes

My apologies, but do you have an email and I’m Bob. Yes I made a spelling mistake and reversed the letters, my apologies for being a human being :slight_smile:

Well Bob, did you even read what Leo said, let alone read between the lines? My interpretation of what Leo said would be: We normally reach out to people we’re interested in having on our shows because people that come to us are usually trying to sell a specific story (aka marketing) and we’re not interested in having those types.

So I presume, if you want contact info, you’re going to have to state why it is you think you should be on a show…

… oh, and I’m Paul.

1 Like

Well given that pluton is coming to basically hand our CPU’s to media companies, I saw you interview someone who was basically clueless about TPM and the last 23+ years of PC game theft in the personal computer space. I’d like to correct those errors.

The industry has been in a massive war against local win32 executables, microsoft has been trying to take us back to mainframe computing of the 60’s and turn our PC’s into a dumb terminal by moving us towards encrypted computing.

You can read more about it here:

There is so much misinformation about pluton and trusted computing, the technology is literally for copyright law enforcement on your PC.

I don’t think you’re helping by referring to 20 year old documents that spout all sorts of fears that never came to pass. If you want to see trusted computing in action, look no further than iOS. Apple has locked it down so that only what they bless will run. This is not something anyone truly technical truly wants, but it might actually be great for the average user… this is why Chromebooks have been so successful. I don’t think the average “nerd” that watches TWiT needs any education on the risks (or rewards) of a TPM and average users don’t care about the details.

Leo is a big supporter of Linux and FOSS in general, so much that he has a show on the network all dedicated to it. This is the likely only show that is going to be interested in what you’re offering. They’re frequently looking for guests and topics, so maybe the producer @ant_pruitt, who participates here, will reach out to you if he sees a fit.

See here by gamesindustry.biz,

See here presentation by AMD:

https://gabrielsieben.tech/2022/07/25/the-power-of-microsoft-pluton-2/

Look at the big picture “memory guard” now why would we need memory guard? because they want to protect their drm from being broken it should be freaking obvious what they will use it for.

It’s a pass on a show appearance for you. But thanks for the information.

2 Likes

Great info. I appreciate it. I’m still not sure who you are. You can email me at leo@leoville.com or message me directly here. Please include your credentials.

We talked about Pluton on Windows Weekly this Wednesday. Microsoft has been pretty unclear about what it is and how it works, but now that AMD has released the first Pluton chip we’re getting a better idea. I quoted this article:

https://gabrielsieben.tech/2022/07/25/the-power-of-microsoft-pluton-2/

If you’re Gabriel we would absolutely consider having you on.

1 Like