Replacement for Ask The Tech Guy

I really liked Ask The Tech Guy and thought of a way for it to exist while possibly supplementing The Guy Tech and not requiring a separate production. Since The Tech Guy questions are already sectioned up on techguylabs.com, it would be cool if they could end up as edited TWiT Bits or its own feed as Tech Guy Bits where TWiT takes the best questions from each show, and makes that the video, and at the end of said video, it could promote The Tech Guy with a promo saying something like "want more, follow The Tech Guy, or something similar. If there are enough questions, it could even have a daily upload. Not sure if this will interfere with sponsors or is feasible with your contract with the radio show, but it would certainly be a show I would subscribe to for quick tips.

2 Likes

That all sounds great, but what you may be missing is that the extra time to produce new content is not getting offset by advertising income. I doubt TWiT will spend more money to produce (or reformat) new content while advertisers are still balking at buying ads. We need an economic recovery (here’s hoping vaccinations are a magic bullet) before advertisers are going to begin their spending anew.

2 Likes