WW 842: Eight Strikes and You're Out

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

Just to say that including live questions from the Discord & Twit.TV IRC chat Room enhances the show.

Thank you.

1 Like

Sorry I missed the live show, I’ll be sure to have a question or two lined up next time y’all entertain the peanut gallery.

Yeah I think it worked well. I would love to get questions from new people, too! It’s mostly the same people every time…

Leo; Like many listeners my internet connection is not up to live chat 40 Mbits down/7.5 Mbits per second up. I will try to post via the IRC when I can.

If you actually reliably get 5+ Mbps you should be able to chat just fine, you might need to drop your video to 720p for good measure, but that is plenty for TWiT’s needs. It’s usually the latency and/or the drops to lower bandwidth that hurts. And using WiFi just never works well for calls, always prefer a wired connection whenever possible.

1 Like

I did a fireside chat with Ant in the club, at the time, I was on 50/12. It is only HD, so 4-5MB is more than enough, if they were doing 8K video, you would have problems. :wink:

PHolder. Thanks for the reply. Because of local congestion, my latency (measured by cloudflare) is > 15-20 Ms - I will consider direct Ethernet connection -to get around the problem.

Thanks too. As I said to PHolder, plugging in the Ethernet cable seems to be the best option. I’ve tried Zoom previously and the results were poor.

Mik

I’m loving the Officehours.global nod with these discord stages. I’m pretty bummed most of them have happened when I’m at work, otherwise I would have participated. Especially during WWDC…