Windows Weekly, not just for Windows users

I bit the Apple back in 2010, but I watch WW all the time. There are some reasons for this:

1. I often get news and information that lest me help friends who have Windows.

2. When I was working, I was dealing with Windows computers at work.

3. it makes me very glad that I am not a Windows user.

4. The minute I think Windows has changed enough I will try it again. Mary Jo and Paul speak enough about the details, that I know right now that the balance between hating Apple key boards and preferring Mac OS hasn’t tipped far enough toward Windows yet.

1 Like

I think I made the switch in 2007? Total applefangirl now. I’m apple all in. That said, I love WW! You’re going to laugh when I tell you why…I put it on when I get into bed and it puts me right to sleep :grin:. It’s so low-key and Paul’s sonorous voice pretty much puts me out…lol. Mary Jo is very quiet, too. The whole thing is just very relaxing! I am actually interested in the content, (well, except for the gaming stuff…) so it takes me a whole week to actually hear the whole podcast, which I do actually enjoy. And like you, it makes me happy I don’t have to use Windows anymore :rofl:.

I use Security Now to go to sleep. Surprisingly it doesn’t give me nightmares.

2 Likes

You misspelled the subject / show title.

2 Likes

Thanks, you are a good editor! :slight_smile:

Agreed, the name is a bit of a misnomer as Microsoft is so much more than Windows these days. You may not realize it but you probably use Azure services every day. And Paul is always up to date with Xbox news.

1 Like

Actually … see how I am letting you know just how geeky I am? … Twit has schooled me well about Azure, Google cloud, iCloud and AWS. You bring up a good point. I do like it when WW covers the Microsoft products I use. I love One Drive now. I didn’t before, but Dropbox has become so glitch, I tested out One Drive, liked it and moved my data over. I couldn’t live without Microsoft Office. I have an unnatural passion for Excel spreadsheets.

Here’s hoping that Mary Jo doesn’t start using the gong again. Makes it hard to snooze.

2 Likes

Hahaaaa! I like the gong :grin: But you win with this post!

1 Like

Me too, but for some reason I understand Steve better while dozing. He does know what he talks about.

1 Like

I figure if I understand 1% of what Steve says, I have learned a lot.

2 Likes