Windows update Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems

Anyone else having trouble installing the Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5003690)?

I get the error message “We can not install the update you can try again.”.

Any fixes?

“2021-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5003690)”

I haven’t tried it yet myself, as my machine is not currently in a state where I would welcome the [presumed] reboot.

This is a preview of what will [theoretically] will be released on the next Patch Tuesday. It could be broken, and your failure to install it should feed back to Microsoft (assuming you have the necessary feedback options enabled) to let them know they have a problem. (This being the presumed reason why they bother doing previews.)

Alternatively, you could try going into settings and searching for Troubleshooters and running the Windows Update troubleshooter. It may help, but probably wont. (It’s been my experience it just stops and restarts a number of the Windows Update related services and does little else.)

I just tried the update troubleshooter and it did not work. I guess I will wait for patch Tuesday.

It is the Flash stripper. Is it possible you installed the April version of the update and it therefore has nothing to uninstall?

Just testing it on my PC at the moment.

Edit: Went through on mine with no problems.

That might be possible, I will keep trying once a week until it works.