What Handset is everyone got?

One Plus 6T (unlocked). Love it, especially with Gcam.

2 Likes

Yeah we call our office phones ā€œhandsetsā€ here lol. I like it.

I like calling computers ā€œmachinesā€ too. My MACHINE is eating battery.

1 Like

I still call a refrigerator an ā€œice box.ā€ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thinking about getting the Moto G7 Power, just uncertain if the camera is better than the older Moto G5 Plus

1 Like

My daily driver is a Pixel 3 XLā€¦previous to that was the Nexus 6, which I used for 4 yrs. Iā€™m really liking it, especially the fingerprint reader, and the camera is awesome (Nexusā€™ camera was great too)ā€¦and battery life is pretty darn good.

1 Like

Pixel 2Xl. Still super happy with it. Thought of getting Pixel 4 before it came out, but it is a disappointment. Will wait for Pixel 5 probably.

1 Like

Just got my new OnePlus 7T. I am replacing my OnePlus 5. Currently on AT&T but am considering a change to T-Mobile. When activated it installed the latest Oxygen OS and the update said it as now compatible with the Visible service but the web site for the service says no!. Maybe later.

S10e. Gave up my 6t for it (yes. It was painful). I needed something i could one hand easier

For personal use Iā€™m still rocking my iPhone 6 Plus that I bought when it first came outā€¦ well trying to rock anyway, itā€™s been excluded from getting anymore updates so no iOS 13ā€¦ Iā€™d say itā€™s finally time to upgrade.

For work they gave me a Samsung Galaxy S8 and of course it runs a whole lot better than the iPhone but that should be expected cause of how much newer it is.

Even though Iā€™ve gotten use to Android over the past few years, I will always be an Appple fanboy at heart. :joy:

1 Like

Another OnePlus fan here. Had the One, 3, 5, and now on a 6. Not tempted by a 7T/Pro yet. Performance of the 6 is still holding up, and as long as they get a decent Android 10 update out (next month?) Iā€™ll probably stick with it for another year.

Bailed out of iPhones early on. Had the original (wish Iā€™d kept it :grinning:), 3G, 4, 4S and then they just got too expensive for me.

OnePlus 6 was great value, loads of storage, RAM, I like that they stick with the 1080p OLED, battery life great, quick charge, and OnePlus are now taking updates more seriously. Canā€™t think of many negatives. Bluetooth can fail sometimes, wouldnā€™t mind wireless charging now the wifeā€™s iPhone XR has it and we have a few charging pads around the house.

Always recommend them to people - Dad and sister now have a 7T and a 3 (my old onešŸ‘šŸ»).

1 Like

Pixel 2. Still more phone than I really make good use of, and my battery hasnā€™t given out :slight_smile: I do prefer a 4" screen size (I find larger screens like my Pixel 2ā€™s 5" display harder to use one handed), but Iā€™d rather have the pure Google Android experience over a smaller screen in a third party phone.

After looking through this entire community and this thread I think Iā€™m the only one thatā€™s rocking the LG G8 with the Snapdragon 855 and 128G storage, Android 9.0

• Screen size & quality. (very sharp)
  • Expandable storage (Micro SD)
  • 6G of RAM (makes it very fast)
  • Headphone jack with Quad DAC (with a good pair of wired headphones this thing sounds amazing)
  • Cameras (12MP Standard & 16MP Super Wide-Angle)
  • Good battery life.
  • FM Radio chip

Dislikes

• SLOW Android Updates!!!
  • Air Motion (touchless hand gestures, think Google Project Soli!?!)
  • LG UI (using Nova Launcher)
2 Likes

The last time I had a radio in a phone was pre-smartphone - the Nokia 5610 Xpress Music. Memories. :sunglasses:

1 Like

LOL I use it mostly to listen to baseball games while working in the yard. Just one of the things LG continues to offer on their handsets.

1 Like

I have the Pixel 4 xl and love it so far.

1 Like

Right now I am using an HTC One A9s but I am looking for a 64GB Motorola G7 power

1 Like

My daughter has an LG. Iā€™m not sure of the model but itā€™s a pretty recent one and she loves it! She isnā€™t a geeky type like her mom so she could care less about updates. I have to say, itā€™s quick and takes beautiful photos.

I decided to stay with my iPhone 10S for one more yearā€¦while the new features of the 11 are tempting, nothing Iā€™m not willing to wait for. My battery is still outstanding and photos are a dream. To temper my lust for the latest and greatest, I bought the new iwatch. I was still wearing the first generation watch! The horror! I love how far theyā€™ve come.

1 Like

currently my daily driver is a Pixel 3 and as backup i have an iPhone 6S. I am the only android user in my family.

Was thinking of upgrading to the Pixel 4 but most of its interesting features is being ported to the older Pixels.

1 Like

The slow updates and history of boot loop problems with older LG phones have soured me on the brand. ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy enough with my Moto G6 but I am disappointed in always being a major OS update behind - I didnā€™t get Android 9 until Android 10 was out. I ran into an Android 10 feature I really wanted - the ability to have multiple BlueTooth phones connected at the same time.

I also wish I had a better camera, but I have no desire to carry a thousand dollar piece of glass in my pocket.

One feature I do love is that I have an SD card slot, and I have a 128 gig microSD card. This allows me to pull the card and put it into my computer to load files without having to depend on WiFi. I have a truly absurd number of movies, video clips and music on my phone.

My SD card cost a fraction of the price difference between a 32 gig and 128 gig phone model.