What are you playing?

Well we’ve got topics for books and streaming, how about games?

• Sea of Thieves - Free with Game Pass, hilarious if you can get a group together.
  • Minecraft - Perfect relaxed game to play when listening to TWiT shows.
  • Smite - Scratches that competitive itch.

How about you?

6 Likes

Brawl Stars and Dtardew Valley

2 Likes

Right now I can’t put down Grid Autosport. I got it for switch and never really played a racing SIM before but this game is great.

The customizable difficulty makes it so it doesn’t get too frustrating while still being able to hone your skills.

The switch is my main platform. Play Civ5 on the computer occasionally and I’ll grab good one player games for the PlayStation but I do not subscribe to PS+.

Paul T makes me want to buy an Xbox though.

2 Likes

Shogun total war and Railway Empire… The Total War series is my obsession.

1 Like

Battlefield 5 and Insurgency Sandstorm on PC.

1 Like

GTA V
Elder Scrolls Online
Destiny 2

1 Like

I expect[ed] to see lots of first person shooters in the list, but for some reason that has never appealed to me. I guess I am too casual of a gamer.

Although an older game, I am replaying Torchlight II. It just came out on the PS4.

Other than that, I regularly play some Players vs AI on League with a friend and most nights I try the Mini Metro daily challenge. And I usually do the weekly challenge on Resogun on the PS4.

1 Like

Does the Abbey Road 50th Anniversary edition count?

Also 0AD - a lovely open-source Age of Empires clone. Don’t be fooled by the Alpha tag - it’s fully cooked and awesome. I got tired of paying Microsoft for AoE retreads.

https://play0ad.com/

5 Likes

I finally realized just how big my Steam backlog has gotten so I’ve started burning through the list sorted by how quick it is to beat each game. It’s actually really fun and I’m glad I’m taking the time to play through some of the games from smaller studios.

1 Like

Gears 5
Destiny 2
Oceanhorn 2

2 Likes

LOL at replying to myself… but after some consideration, I am reminded there are some first person games I have enjoyed… all of them puzzle based. I highly recommend The Talos Principle to anyone, it’s an all time favourite of mine. Other somewhat similar games are Portal and Portal 2 and a more recent one The Spectrum Retreat.

2 Likes

Portal and Portal 2 where both amazing!!

2 Likes

Due to high mortality rates, you may be reluctant to participate in the new initiative.

2 Likes

Got got past 4 years with World of Warships.
Also play battlefield, and call of duty and anything that ill get for free on FPS

2 Likes

Rocket League
ATS
Rocksmith, have played guitar for a long time got this for the kid so she could learn bass and find myself playing it more then her.

2 Likes

Eternium, a hack ‘n slash with beautiful graphics. Been playing for several years now. (!!!) I’ve collected tons of gems for free, which is the in-game currency, but still buy some just cuz I want to support the devs who made this beautiful game.

2 Likes

Lately I’m finding myself playing a lot of Indie games.

I’m currently rotating between PC Building Simulator, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, and Shining Force CD.

Oh, and the two Defense Grid games. Those never leave my PC. Ever.

2 Likes

Just finished Borderlands 2, now playing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel… Cant get enough of the Xbox game pass!

1 Like

No Man’s Sky
Rocket League
Star Wars Battlefront II
Overwatch

2 Likes

World of Warcraft Classic. Yes, I’m that old.

2 Likes