UPDATE: Power is back. We resume our shows at 10:30a Pacific tomorrow

I told Lisa Laporte, Indiana sounds like a good home for TWiT.

I was wondering where Windows weekly was (iTunes) and then Paul mentioned the power being out on First Ring Daily.

Brought back memories of last years Camp fire. Relatives lost two home and one of their close friends was killed.

Everyone stay safe.

Interesting reading all the comments on this post - so many ideas and solutions.

I think sometimes they forget that you don’t have an unlimited budget.

I know you will be scrambling when the power is back on.

Good luck - You guys do a great job - I’ve been listening since the beginning.

4 Likes

I mean… I could always stream from my new rooftop studio in Rome. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Means a lot, Bruce. Thank you. Fortunately, no fires near us at the moment. Just without electricity. :fist_right:t4:

1 Like

Whoa, we’ve got FRB sighting!

2 Likes

@Leo said they weren’t cutting the power off in the part of town where his house is.

2 Likes

hes a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FA43niekdI teil @Lisa about Indiana that she will say no

The great state of New York has dibs on Leo, and I believe he was born here, so there :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

what do you meen? that not make sach to me

do you play warframe what does that mean

Hey Padre! Wondering when you were going to stop by I haven’t seen any posts from you yet! Glad to see you here I always enjoy your contributions!

Hope everyone is still doing okay in CA!

2 Likes

Is your home dark as well? And, if so, are you living on solar power? I recall you mentioning that you had 60 panels on your roof.

I think shooting a special on surviving a blackout with whole-house solar power could be very popular, especially if your camera operators and editors are not doing anything else.

Hope there was no surprises when the hardware was turned back on.

3 Likes

So glad TWiT is back! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Woohoo!!! Great news!

1 Like

Oh happy day! Happy to hear everyone is doing well.

1 Like

Oh, Snap!!! Time to celebrate!!!

4 Likes

Woo! Let’s hope it doesn’t go out again!

1 Like

Well, if nothing else we have a massive catalog to go through and other shows to check out that we may not have already. Then, of course, chat and forums are still alive and well!

Looking forward for the shows to return to the air. It is crazy to think a utility can’t manage this sort of situation without just shutting off the power. But, if it is the only option for safety sake then it is the right one.

True.

Assets [US$] 68.01 billion (2017)
Net income [US$] 1.66 billion (2017)

Granted monopoly status since 2012. Big red flag but makes sense with the debt.

PG&E is saying 2 years until the company is handed off. I’m guessing the city takes care of them from then on if bankruptcy actually happens. Might be a good one.

Looks like PG&E fixed up the site bugs as well just now so good news!

1 Like