Has there been any news about whether the new round of PG&E power cuts will affect TWiT once again?

Another round of intentional power shutoffs hits California as frustration grows

Yikes :frowning: I sure hope not…

Doesn’t look like it for now. But we won’t be out of the woods the rains start.

1 Like

As @Leo said, fortunately Petaluma has been spared in the latest shutoffs, but it’ll be a while before they can relax. There’s currently an uncontrolled 10,000-acre fire burning around Geyserville in northern Sonoma County, luckily in a thinly inhabited area, and another possibly stronger high wind event forecast for Sunday. I’m sure it’s going to be very stressful for any businesses that rely on continuity of power - and these days, who doesn’t? - for some time to come.

3 Likes

@Leo The Washington Post just published an article about a faulty power-line causing a fire yesterday. I hope everyone stays safe and I’m kind of glad you’re not there for now.

High-voltage power line broke near origin of massive California fire that forced thousands of evacuations

3 Likes

I saw this in The Guardian and could not believe it. In BC, our electric provider (BC Hydro) is always doing maintenance, tree cutting, line replacement, etc. It never ends. Our rates aren’t as cheap as they could be (considering it’s hydro), but maintaining first-world infrastructure costs money, and most people here understand that. Given what California is going through, I’ll never complain again about the truck noise, traffic delays, or occasional rate hikes. Small price to pay, considering the alternative.

2 Likes

Explains why the rates in California are the lowest… they can’t do tree cutting, brush management. :grinning:

Great news Leo :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

this just popped up on their twitter feed

2 Likes