TWiT Community Messages Query

TWiT Community Messages Query

https://www.twit.community/about

Hello! Just joined while listening through my YouTube TWIT Shows Playlist. The automatic message said

friendly staff are also here to help if you need to reach a person.

I followed the link attached but couldn’t see any ‘Message’ button on the profiles? Is this just a restriction because I am new?

Thanks again for the Community forum, P

Thanks for joining TWiT.Community, and welcome!

I’m only a robot, but our friendly staff are also here to help if you need to reach a person.

For safety reasons, we temporarily limit what new users can do. You’ll gain new abilities (and badges) as we get to know you.

We believe in civilized community behavior at all times.

If you’d like to learn more, select below and bookmark this personal message. If you do, there may be a :gift: in your future!

This is a PUBLIC discussion forum. The staff and volunteers monitor the public messages and will interact with you as necessary. If you are new to Discourse I highly recommend you do the first (and maybe even the second) of the tutorials. You can find those by interacting with the bot (who will jump in as soon as I paste this)

@discobot display help

In any case, on the top right you should have an avatar (beside search and the “3 line hamburger menu”) and if you click on your avatar will will see options, including private messages. (Look for the icon that looks like an envelope.)

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. — Everett Dirksen

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Ah, okay. I had misunderstood what the tutorial meant in the help section