TWIT 881: A Cowboy Hat For Your Dog

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

Question @Leo
With respect
Why is it ok to have a politician (Briana) but not have Padre SJ
Was it his choice?

1 Like

Did you actually watch the show? Leo made it pretty clear that he runs the show according to his own politics and that is why he chose to discuss the Supreme Court roll back of women’s rights. He also made it abundantly clear that he assumed it would be uncomfortable to have Padre on the show knowing his church has a counter perspective. Additionally, it seemed likely it was Lisa calling the shots in this case, and Leo is a smart enough man to not go against his wife’s wishes.

1 Like

I watched most of it
I was watching the pre show where that was mentioned
I figured as much
Just was curious if it was padre who made the call or TWIT

We asked Padre to step back. It really seemed like a bad week to have a Roman Catholic Priest on. I’m very open minded and I know Robert is, but it would have been somewhat awkward. Especially since we didn’t have any women on at all.

5 Likes

Thanks for the response @Leo
I understand 100% why you would not want to put Padre in an uncomfortable spot.
Hope he is back soon. I enjoy his perspective on tech.
Love the network keep up the great work.
I Listen almost every day, much to the chagrin of my wife :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@Leo thank you for taking the time to respond to this thread already. I’m very happy that we have such diverse views in the network of hosts. I also like that even though a host may have an opinion on a certain topic, that it doesn’t exclude them from being brought back to discuss their expertise of other subjects later on.

As for politics, and I say this often in the TWIG threads, it’s obvious that the majority opinion that is shared on most shows politically is somewhat liberal. But as “Conservative” I appreciate hearing this bubble of thought as it’s not something I hear in my daily community. Listening to these other viewpoints gives me a chance to stretch my brain and consider the way I think about things and for that I’m grateful to the entire team of host & staff.

3 Likes