TWIG 551: Boomer Remover

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

You need to rebrand the show. I think I only heard Google mentioned once. Twitter and Facebook many more times. How about TWIADTWW?

1 Like

@JeffJarvis wrote a nice piece on medium, which includes the list he mentioned in the show; https://medium.com/whither-news/in-this-crisis-thank-god-for-the-net-58ecf68d255f

1 Like

Oh, @Leo, do take care with the hand sanitizer! I don’t know the ingredients on what you’ve got but it was only a couple of years ago that it was in the news that something in that stuff might be bad for your heart, I think your liver too. Maybe look it up. What goes on, goes in!

Old movie to watch: Demolition Man, from 1993 (it’s somewhat prophetic, actually)
Great book to read: Michael Crichton’s State of Fear
One last piece of coronavirus information before you shut all that out, please:
Stunning insights into the Corona-panic by Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg https://youtu.be/p_AyuhbnPOI

Remember what Amy Webb just said on TWIT, in the panic of it all we should observe what’s happening and gather signals to make sense of things.

Please, let’s think critically about all of the information we’re taking in during this worldwide disruption.

Take care, everyone!

4 Likes

“He doesn’t know how to use the three seashells.” (Laughing)

3 Likes

Thanks @Leo @gigastacey @JeffJarvis for continuing to do my favorite TwiT show. It provided me with plenty of de-stressing moments, even though there were plenty of scary discussions also.
I also read the Jeremy C Young thread, it is a scary scenario that the Imperial College modeling is predicting.
Where I am right now, we are on a 2 weeks quarantine lockdown. The scary thing is that there are still so many selfish, ignorant people doing no social distancing, and laughing at this outbreak.
Like Forrest said: stupid is as stupid does…:man_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

Hi Leo,

Just a heads-up. The leader of WHO is Ethiopian. Not Greek! :smile:
Tedros Adhanom

Love the network. Long time listener.
George

1 Like