TWIG 534: Berries for Accuracy, Pudding for Spread

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

3 Likes

Not all the way through the show but find it funny all the talk of the private/hiding related to ‘Project Nightingale’ by Google only to find out that Google announced it on an investor call. To some degree, Google does have the right to keep some of their future projects private/hidden. On them “slurping up” health data, it was reported they did everything by the law. Surely the Health Insurer had the relationship with their customers and they would be the ones that should be letting them know how they were using their data.

JMTC

2 Likes

I haven’t heard that bit yet, just getting there. But there are official announcements for new projects and changes and the are regulatory requirements as to when and how the information is released. Not sure how this pans out in this situation.

Whistleblowers is another matter, but if you are a whistleblower, you pretty much have to accept that you will lose your job, or you will be working in a toxic workplace thereafter.

As to project Nightingale, Google already ran afoul of the law in the UK on that one, got fined and had their wrists slapped. They should know by now that they have to ensure that permission has been given - whether they get the permission or the healthcare provider is irrelevant, Google knew that without permission they’d get bad publicity, but they don’t learn.

I guess they thought, “this is the USA, not the UK, nobody will care whether we and our partner follow HIPAA and get permission to use the data.”

2 Likes

Sorry @big_D but I have to pick on you for this crazy mental image of a jay walking chicken illegally crossing the road … :laughing:

afoul is the word you wanted :wink:

2 Likes

LOL, yep. Too long living in a country where I don’t speak or use English most of the time. :smiley:

2 Likes

Just starting on this show, but it looks like it will be an amazing one.

2 Likes

Great show as always! @ant_pruitt I heard towards the end that your son (who likes Disney+ lol) is here in El Paso. So Ft. Bliss if he is in the military. I live here too! I’m on the northeast side of town, huge military presence in my area. Let him know if he needs an honest computer/tech guy in the area, to come check me out! I will give him the Ant Pruitt / TWiT discount! Either way, I would love to meet with him, have him check me out. He can find me here on my site: https://www.computerbailouts.com/

2 Likes

Yup! At Bliss for the moment. Not sure when he’s xferring out of there. 'Preciate the support. He’s all into his dadgum iPhone.:man_facepalming:t5:

3 Likes

Haha got it man. Well you got some TWiT Army support out here, let me know if you all need anything!