TTG 1796 for Saturday 15 May 2021

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

On Saturdays show, Scott Wilkinson talked about new headset that had been recently approved by FDA, but he couldn’t remember name. Wanted to pass on link and comment;

FDA Approves Nuheara Smart Hearing Aids for US Sales - Voicebot.ai.

Been using Nuheara IQBUDS2 Max for about 4 months. Very similar to Bose Hearphones. Would really be interested in hearing review by someone who actually can compare them to a hearing aid. Great as a Bluetooth headset that can pick up (or block out) and amplify external sounds and noise.

1 Like

Thank you for the approval to the forum.

-there was an individual that called in who made a VHD but could not get it to boot. From my experience, you would need to make sure that a VHD is created for the boot partition or that the boot partition is included in the original VHD.

1 Like

Welcome - and that makes sense. I hope he’s reading this!

Just listened to this show so a bit behind. At the beginning there was a discussion about Starlink. We have had it for 2 and 1/2 months now and it has been beneficial for us price-wise and speed-wise compared to the DSL line we used to have. These are a couple of photos of our skyline to show that you do not need to be in a totally open area to be able to use the system. The ap tells us we have no obstructions and, at most, only 59seconds total through the whole day of satellite loss due to available satellites, Consistantly 30 MBs up and 180 down. We have had no issues with streaming TV using Philo, Netflix and Disney Plus. We are very happy with it. You can see the edge of our dish to the left in the Pano photo I was just below it.

We have a fairly large Walnut tree but it is not bothering it.

1 Like