Today's Made by Google Event - What was your favorite outcome of today's announcement?

Just wondering what you all thought of today’s announcement? What was your favorite thing about the announcement, even though most of it was not a surprise.

I loved the new Camera features for the Pixel along with the Astrophotography for Night Sight. Oh and the voice recorder app was amazing! That is going to be a game changer for the journalists and college students. I was kind of disappointed that there was no Wear OS or watch announcements.

What about you all?

Here is the link to the whole uncompressed version, if you missed it:

Here is the Verge’s event summary in 10 minutes:

2 Likes

I thought it was an interesting event. Because virtually all of the features of the devices had leaked, the event was about benefits rather than features – with the exception of the segment about the Pixel 4 camera and the voice recording software, both of which are my favorite things in the presentation.

One disappointment was the very cursory presentation of the Pixelbook Go. I would have liked to see more of that. The presentation was like: “Oh, yeah, this is one of our things too.”

2 Likes

By the way, is anyone here planning to buy one of the Made by Google products? I bought the Pixel 4 XL as soon as it appeared on the website. Delivery is expected by Oct. 25. Does anyone know if the 2018 Pixel Stand for the Pixel 3 works with the Pixel 4 also?

1 Like

I am thinking of getting the larger Home Hub and maybe the Nest Wifi eventually, I just got a Pixel 3XL last year, so I will wait for next year for the 5.

I’m kind of hopeful for the new Pixel Buds considering how awful the last ones were. It’s a shame we have to wait until Spring.

1 Like

I was hoping the main router in the Nest WiFi would have Google Assistant, but no…

Ya I think all of the pods do? Don’t they?