The Photo Thread : Week of 2020-08-23

Taken on my walk along Hallett Cove Beach today.

7 Likes

What a busy bee! :wink: (look at all the pollen on its leg) How Do Bees Collect Pollen?

2 Likes

Here’s the blooper version. Wings are too fast for the shutter speed!

5 Likes

LOL that’s pretty funny :smiley:

Hey Leo, Raymond here from Melbourne, Australia -down under. I wanted to share a photo of one of my customers PC’s I got asked to come over and inspect regarding overheating issues.
This was 5 years worth of dust! A friendly reminder to everyone, clean your PC’s regularly!
Love your show Leo, I’d love to have a chat on the show but the time difference is a bit of a killer. Long time fan! I listen to your show every week!

5 Likes

Caught rainbow colours shining through a cloud yesterday. Accentuated in Snapseed.

10x zoom

10 Likes

I can tell the sun was at your back :wink: (Yay physics. https://youtu.be/chHblV9ddWk?t=36)

Natural fire starter!

11 Likes

So, not a twisted firestarter?

1 Like

10x zoom looks better than I’ve seen when others use zoom that high. Fascinating

I’ve had Mr Howell’s OnePlus Nord. Merelyjim on Twitter challenged me to shoot with it. My first attempt below.
When looking at the images after shootin’, I definitely saw that this camera was lacking vs the Pixel, Samsung, iPhone, etc. The 48MP setting doesn’t allow zooming. The macro feature is really bad. This 12MP version had zoom capability and actually focused nicely. Even though it’s not as crispy with clarity vs other cameras, it’s serviceable. I decided to focus stack a few shots via Photoshop on iPad. Then did remaining touch up in Lightroom mobile. At another time, I’ll actually snap some shots and view/process on my desktop.

6 Likes

Yes, that was the first time I’ve managed to take a half-way usable image with zoom over 3x on a smartphone.

Here’s one I took earlier today on my iPhone 11. No zoom.

8 Likes

She always looks so sad, but is really excited, when I open the door…

9 Likes

Nice to see people enjoying what’s left of the summer.

7 Likes

awwww sweet little girl!!

So i recently got myself into the world of Tiny Planets.
This was with the Insta360 Air; quality ain’t that good but i kind of like the shot i got.

4 Likes

This is excellent. It reminds me of those kingfisher who dives down beak first into the water

1 Like

From a walk downtown over the weekend. Pixel 4a.

4 Likes

One more.

4 Likes