The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-03-29

I want to call this photo “Social Distancing”

Taken on iPhone Xs, some adjustments and cropping done in Windows 10 picture tools.

11 Likes

Took a photo walk around the estate with my kids before further restrictions apply tomorrow here in Australia.

11 Likes

Two baby great horned owls.

14 Likes

Beautiful photo. I love owls.

2 Likes

Yesterday we had 16°C and were sitting in the garden in t-shirts…

And today…

8 Likes

Our village pond.
First time out for exercise for 2 weeks.
Sony A6000 with no edits
Feel free to manipulate…
The village is dead, no people and no cars.
Nags Head pub is shut, of course.

8 Likes

A couple pictures to contrast each other. The top “foggy” picture was taken this morning. The double rainbow I found while going through some photos taken in the late summer of 2018

8 Likes

@andysilman - Great photos. Always fun to see pics of people living in different places

3 Likes

@Mistershipwreck
Note to oneself :- When fitting a 6M antenna on a 5M pole 2 metres above ground you will need

1. Guy wires because it gets windy
    b) planning permission as your neighbours will report all ugly unsafe installs
    iii) Chop it and lower it down to a safe level.

3 Likes

A quick snap of the cove on a blustery central California afternoon.

Not many people out, too windy to surf.

Which view do you think works better?

5 Likes

And here’s a view of the new normal (social distancing) at a restaurant where there are no sit down patrons or wait staff. They had a crew of only four, including the cook.

4 Likes

I stopped at the bakers on the way to work this morning. Only 2 people allowed in the shop at a time and no sitting down to eat in the establishment. Normal cafés and restaurants are closed, fast food joints can only serve through the drive-thru - which was funny at the weekend, there were a couple of youths ahead of us that didn’t have a car, going through the drive-thru to pick up their orders.

1 Like

At the Aldi supermarket - only 80 allowed in the store so queuing outside on marked lines to separate people. The supermarket had a bouncer!

I like the framing on the second shot, although I’d crop some of the bare earth and the steps away.

The first shot is the opposite, I’m assuming that the branch is causing the red haze at the top of the shot, again, I’d crop that down.

I like both, the framing on the second is good, but not so much detail of the shoreline and the mountains behind it.

1 Like

Yes, most supermarkets here have security staff outside, ensuring that people line up and only go in when allowed. They also have disinfectant wipe stands by the door, I usually wipe down the trolley handlebar and my hands before going in and when I come back out.

There was a very interesting sunset tonight. Unfortunately I had to crop most of the picture because I had no zoom. Don’t look too closely at the shadows :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Thank you, I’m glad that my idea of a frame came through on the one.

1 Like

My office is a mess again. But I repurposed this mic boom for an over head lighting option successfully. My backpack is a counter weight. Pay no mind to the lubricant on the floor. I don’t even know why that’s still in here. I fixed my door weeks ago.

5 Likes

30x zoom on the s20+

I don’t find the quality is at all good. A quick look and they are not sharp, very grainy and not worth keeping.

this was a medium zoom and I find it is OK.

4 Likes

I’ll admit this is not a recent photo. Been too busy with tax returns and helping small businesses navigate the CARES Act to pull the camera out. This is a photo I took in Alaska in 2016. It was in the rotation of background photos on one of my computers. When it popped up I thought “that’s worth sharing.”

Notice the weather? It was like the whole two weeks we were in Alaska except one partial day of sun. Did not get to see Denali Mountain. :frowning:

8 Likes