The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-05-03

Two eggs in a nest

9 Likes

While trying to get this shot

I got a good shot of a Dobie butt! :grin:

4 Likes

Getting some rest, there’s still a long way to go…

5 Likes

My first time driving up/down highway 1.

8 Likes

3 Likes

Pond and sky - phone background

Lush park after rain with moon

“The dead don’t die. We’ll be back.” Cinema

5 Likes

Barn Swallow. Love these little beauties!

11 Likes

You going to fill this feeder?

3 Likes

A great shot. Very nice.

1 Like

It is times like this that I wish I had a real camera with me, with a long lens…

6 Likes

I’ve probably posted photos of Port Noarlunga before, but I don’t get bored of the sunsets there.

iPhone XS. Resized for upload.

7 Likes

Getting more and more into the 9:19 vertical format. :slight_smile: All three S10e, first two are single shot and the third is a cropped vertical panorama.

5 Likes

Tried setting them as a wallpaper, but they look a bit silly repeated 10 times across the width of the display. :wink:

Lovely photos, but after over half a century of landscape photos, it always looks like there is something missing, it has a cramped, almost claustrophobic feel to it, even though they are open landscapes. It is difficult to describe the exact feeling.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. They work well as phone wallpapers, however. I think given a beautiful day, vertical images can be easier to frame in sort of a calming way since you only “need” a calm slice of reality.

Critical perspective: it’s very much directed perspective since there’s also most of the time not much going on in the upper third and the lower third, which leaves the middle to focus on. Since that can be very far away, it’s hard to focus on something. Kind of makes a vertical image a non-image. You want to look around more. So, yeah - I know what you mean. Interesting effect.

2 Likes

Taken earlier today

5 Likes

New thread for this week The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-05-10

1 Like