The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-02-02

Has been a while since I saw the blue-tongue that lives in my back garden. Seems to have grown a bit. Apparently they can live 20-30 years. I have no idea how old this one is, but I have seen it occasionally over the four years that I’ve been here.

EDIT: Just notice the date is the same backwards and forwards (excluding the dashes).

9 Likes

Taken from a tour bus, when I took my German wife and stepdaughters back home to the UK for a visit.

I have a framed version printed and hung on the wall.

Canon EOS550D, Sigma zoom lens at 28mm F/11. I should probably rotate it slightly in Capture One.

10 Likes

Taken from an overhead bridge on one of the highways in Singapore.

Shot with an 18mm wide angle from Moment with a Pixel 3.

7 Likes

National Cathedral, Washington. Still repairing earthquake damage. (Night Mode, iPhone 11P)

10 Likes

Anyone in the mood for a hot dog?
Imgur

7 Likes

Taken during a trail walk this afternoon. Galaxy S10e

10 Likes

Another one from the same hike

4 Likes

Some birds enjoying the view from my antenna this morning. Pixel 4 with edits via Instagram

13 Likes

Baxter at Sunrise in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness

7 Likes

Wow, you have an antenna!

5 Likes

It’s pretty common in Australia when only a quarter of the population has traditional pay TV (cable/satellite).

2 Likes

Museum of literature in Hanoi. Touched up and cropped in Lightroom in iPhone 11P based on suggestion From @ant_pruitt in HOP

And another from Hanoi

8 Likes

pixel 3 with nightsight

Noticed how nice my street looks at night in the wet. Wasn’t expecting the light glare

5 Likes

This photo makes me long for green grass and leaves on the trees. Only three more months of winter left.

1 Like

I like how you used the natural framing. :fist_right:t5:

1 Like

This dude…WOW. So good, Joe. Love your shots :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

THANKS for watching HOP. Glad it has given you some tips to use. Pics look good. The rail pic. Hold your hand and thumb along the bottom edge to cover roughly 10%. How does that version of the composition look to you?

Apropos HOP, what happened to FOP last week?

1 Like

Appreciate the positive feedback, as always. :fist_right:t2:

I guess you missed the news…

1 Like