The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-02-09

Took my son for a bike ride to a nearby bird observation tower this morning. Sunny, 2C/36F and windy.

13 Likes

Beautiful scenery. I’m a sucker for ‘big sky’ landscapes.

2 Likes

I found an old photo on my computer.
It was shot with my Pentax K1000 circa 1984. There are no records of what film or lens I was using. It was printed at a one hour photo, and stuck into an album. Later it was scanned at 525kb. Needless to say the image was pretty bad. I Pulled it up for editing as I was watching @ant_pruitt on HOP.

I think I was able to put a little life back into it.

11 Likes

Spinone Italiano and Greater Swiss Mountain Dog

8 Likes

The shot of Remy the Spinone would have benefited from a darker background don’t you think?

4 Likes

Got a few inches of snow this past weekend. Top picture is during and the bottom is from the morning after.

9 Likes

Such a great find :raised_hands:t5:
Thanks for watching HOP

3 Likes

Went out with my newish 300mm (600mm EFV) looking for some wildlife to shoot. Didn’t see anything. Probably didn’t help that Baxter was along. So he became the subject. I like the way the early morning sun cast a shadow on his face. 1/2000, f4.5, ISO 200

Mr. Baxter turned 13 last week.

13 Likes

While in Singapore in the neighborhood known as Novena. This country has a lot of tall buildings due to lack of land that this island nation has.

Shot with a Pixel 3 with a wide angle lens from Moment.

8 Likes

Almost Rembrandt like. Very purdy, PJ

3 Likes

Try increasing contrast a little.

2 Likes

Thank you.

7 Likes

Taken with my Nikon D5500 at a wildlife sanctuary near the house.Bears are hibernating so no need to look over shoulders while shooting

8 Likes

You knew you were getting one of the Dobie! Pixel 3a.

11 Likes

A cool, misty walk this evening

8 Likes

A strange afternoon. Warm and humid, but tons of clouds around. Fire sparked up near our place and emergency services kicked into gear with amazing speed.

Here’s one of their planes headed into the fire. Shot on Pixel 4, edited in Snapseed

5 Likes

Snowy Oak
iPhone 11 Plus

8 Likes

Bit of chilly morning in west-central WI

5 Likes

Don’t you have a shot of the Downy with the PB stuck to the rough of his beak? :grin:

Yes that is what the pic is.I am in Northern Ontario and they are all over the place.The sanctuary puts out seed and peanuts for the bird and smears peanut butter on the parking post the bird was about 8 feet from me as I sat in my car

1 Like