The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-04-19

Well, I had a thread recently about my S8 breaking, and what I was buying next. But - one huge thing is that I wanted a headphone jack. I walk 2-3x a day, everyday. I love to listen to stuff. And, I have a set of earbuds at work, at home, and in my car. So, going to bluetooth would require buying 3 sets. Plus, I know I would lose them, and then it’s yet another thing to charge (the battery).

I also did not want the in-screen fingerprint reader. I unlock my phone all the time with the fingerprint reader. And, I like the position of it on the back of the phone. I loved my S8, but dropped and cracked the screen. It really was an unplanned, expensive purchase - heck, I only had the S8 for 18 months. I considered the S10e, but it was $50 more. And, I like the fingerprint reader on the back instead of on the side power button (S10e has it on the side, the other S10 models have it in the screen). So, I got the Galaxy S9…

1 Like

Agree on the fingerprint sensor. I had an S10+ and have an S20, both marginal at best. My S10e is much better. I don’t miss the headphone jack, last time I used one the wire got caught in a doorknob and the phone came out of my pocket. :frowning:

2 Likes

I will agree that I have yanked the wire so many times too. But, I have so many pairs of earbuds, it is so easy to have a pair somewhere. And yea - I read so many bad things about the screen finger print reader on the S10. Sorry to see it was still around on the S20

My Mate 10 Pro came with a USB-C to Jack adapter, which I used 3 times a day for nearly a year, with my old Sony headphones, it was 100% reliable and, bonus, it works with my S20+ now as well. although I probably use BT ear buds 90% of the time.

The fingerprint reader is the biggest failure on the S20+, followed by its poor antenna design.

Morning walk, Galaxy S10e.

2 Likes

Yea, I remember you mentioned that - in my mind, it would still be a big block sticking off the phone.

It isn’t that big…

1 Like

OK, I see now. Thanks for the photo.

I have a USB A to USBc adapter - it is a big block. I kinda pictured it being like that. That’s not too bad

My project of the week now complete
5 by 3 deck, 920kg of infill, then 25 x 5.4 metre deck planks, and grey oil based paint.
Part 2 is corner Summerhouse

4 Likes

That looks awesome dude!!!

I just thought that these could brighten up our day :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Mistershipwreck Thank you :+1:

1 Like

Shed base is down ready to build Summerhouse, and Patio has new addiction for evening lockdown. Got a griddle and Hostess tray ready for family get together.

3 Likes

And the Summerhouse stands proud thanks to our Eldest son Scott.

5 Likes