The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-03-08

New Week and in this starter post will be this photo shot during a music festival held in Singapore called SINGFest

Taken with a Canon Powershot G5 and I believe this is the lead vocalist for the band called Lost Prophets.

6 Likes

I thought they broke up years ago.

Took this shot with a Nokia7plus over the summer, then tweaked it a bit with Snapseed to give it an angry sky and hopefully make it more than just another glass tower.

9 Likes

when i see this image and look at the clouds above, i think i am actually standing on the edge of the roof of a very tall building and those clouds are below me.

2 Likes

Aahagh! Nope. I get nervous crossing a bridge, and I know it’s safe.
Looking down from atop a building like that? No, thanks…
Glad you liked the picture, though. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Friday afternoon while walking downtown with the Dobie, Galaxy S20.

7 Likes

I am doing A Year With My Camera. Had a shutter speed assignment, so went to my local dog park today.

11 Likes

It’s warm in NYC again :man_shrugging:
X100V, Lightroom, iPad OS

9 Likes

What happens in 'Vegas

12 Likes

The moiré effect on the glass is interesting.

Very oversaturated. Looks interesting, but artificial, so I suppose it sums up Las Vegas perfectly! :smiley:

Edit: I mean that as a compliment. I think it really does set the scene well.

1 Like

I can imagine all three of these turning around with Pennywise the Clown faces…

2 Likes

So true. I can hear music too. something like the start of this

1 Like

And now I’m going to google how to expunge that from my YouTube history… :laughing:

1 Like

All it takes is one red balloon.:balloon:

To me, this a huge compliment to you @ant; I’ve posted before about having your own photography “voice” or style. I knew this was your photo before I saw who posted it. You da man!

Not a criticism but what’s the halo around the balloon?

2 Likes

Yeah, that got me as well. It looks “obviously photoshopped” at first glance and when you zoom in, there are lots of artefacts, but I think that is what makes the image.

Spring can’t be too far off. :blush: Galaxy S20

8 Likes

7 Likes

Yup! Purposely oversaturation and pushed clarity so it adds some black level for contrast. I struggled with finding a good balance of the highlights in the background.

2 Likes