The Photo Thread: Week of 2019-11-03

The Riverwalk in San Antonio…

2 Likes

What a striking image. Love this!

1 Like

That is very nice. Now I want to go there!

I am glad I am in the southern hemisphere.

On to next week! The new weekly photo thread is up: The Photo Thread: Week of 11.10.12

Picked up an Oppo A series. It has ultrawide and portrait mode. Here is a quick test.

Pixel 3
Shot at Presidio Park

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S9

Taken with OnePlus 5t from my home yard leaving to work take care of elderly and disabled

So happy you took this photo. Incredibly entertaining! I wonder if they get a good amount of business from having this posted on the back of the truck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pixel 3 with the 58mm telephoto lens by Moment

Edited using Snapseed.

The Golden Gate Bridge.

Taken today 12 November 2019 during the Alcatraz tour.

8 Likes

That photo is very impressive. Wow. Where were you to get that photo (I have never been to San Fran)

1 Like

Alcatraz is a jail on an island in the bay. I’m trying to remember if I could get close enough to the shore of the island when I did the tour, but I don’t think so. Thus I presume the photo was taken from the boat on the way there or back…

Here’s a snipping from Google Maps of the lay of the land, San Fran is on the bottom.

2 Likes

It might depend on what tour you do, but mine took me outside where I could take photos like that.

Also, Petaluma is just to the north of the map, so I suspect that @lylegogh has either just been or is about to go to the studio.

Here’s a pic I took while there. I was not super happy with it though. I’ve never been able to figure out night shots on my DSLR. Probably because I need a tripod, but the camera was sitting on a fence.

3 Likes

When I took the shot, I was doing an audio tour of the prison. One part of that tour was going outside the warden office and that is where I took the shot, it was not taken on the boat.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

It really is a spectacular photo. One of the best I have seen of the Golden Gate.

I was just listening to Adam Savage’s podcast, and he suggested doing a google search for san francisco staircases if you want to see something that the tourists (and most locals) don’t see. Assuming you are still there.

If you are going to LA, I highly recommend Griffith Observatory at sunset. Take some sunset shots, watch the show, then come out and take some nighttime cityscape shots. You might want to consider bringing a tripod. You can cross off the Hollywood sign while there too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.