The Photo Thread: Week of 2019-11-03

If you look at the stars, you can see that some of them are elongated. This is because it was very windy and it was shaking the tripod. The darker parts of the scene are sharper, because the movement was cancelled out by the darkness. I think the first shot was something like a 4-5 second exposure, the bottom one about 2. The bright pinpoints of the stars therefore got rocked back and forth by the wind.

Edit: Oops, I see that was in reply to Jamze, who was also shaky. :smiley:

3 Likes

Or could it be the stars have moved and you’ve captured star trails?

No, the wind was blowing the tripod around a bit, heavy gusts.

1 Like

View from my hotel this week.

4 Likes

First time playing around with night time photography.

5 Likes

Playing with Spectre for the first time.

9 Likes

I love colourful cityscapes too. I was lucky enough to find myself on a photowalk in and around Times Square, New York in October 2017 on a rainy night. I had to juggle my expensive camera and an umbrella to keep it dry.

I took so many amazing shots that night. It’s one of my fondest memories of America. I live in Australia, so it was a once in a lifetime trip. Here are a few of them:

All taken on my A6300 with a kit lens, no post.

8 Likes

I have a suggestion for everyone. Post only one picture at a time. @Uzetaab those look like nice photos but without white space between them my eyes got very confused and I couldn’t focus on just one.

Take a stand, pick your best, and let it fly. More is not better. IMHO.

6 Likes

Pixel 3

Heading towards SFO from KUL.

4 Likes

I installed Spectre when I got my iPhone 11. Haven’t tried it yet. Thanks for the reminder!

5 Likes

Not a fabulous photo - but I got a laugh on the way to San Antonio this evening…

4 Likes

Bro this is FIRE :fire::heart_eyes:
Love it

2 Likes

Cool framing used here

2 Likes

Took a trip up to Belair National Park (South Australia) today.

Taken with iPhone XS. Not processed apart from converting to JPG.

3 Likes

Thank you, @ant_pruitt ! :pray:t2:

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy 9 and playing around with Picasa.

2 Likes

Tried some black and white edits of gcam portrait mode photos of the kids. Used the in app gcam edit tools.

3 Likes

I LOVE the composition of this shot. Nice work.

1 Like

That shot of the water rolling in is awesome!

2 Likes