The Galaxy S2 now has unofficial Android 10

From Reddit:

A bit late to post this, but it means that this phone has received 8 years of support (2011-2019), beating out the legendary HD2 with its 7 years (2009-2016) and becoming the phone with the longest unofficial support thus far (unless there is some other device with longer support, in that case, please inform me).

Link to the XDA thread: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0.0][r41][I9100] LineageOS 17.1 | XDA Forums

Huge credit to rINanDO for his amazing work!

I wonder how far we can go…

https://old.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/exjhaq/the_galaxy_s2_now_has_unofficial_android_10/

3 Likes

That’s very cool BACONATOR26. I’m toying with the idea of jumping over to Android lately. How long do you think Google will provide updates for the Pixel line?

1 Like

About 3-4 years based on the Nexus update history. Not including tablets.

1 Like

The Galaxy S2 was my first ever smartphone. I’m on the S9 at the moment. Which ironically doesn’t have an Android 10 update available yet. Well not for my carrier anyway.

1 Like

It will. I have an S8, and they cut off the S8 from the new OS update, unfortunately. But the S9 will get it.

2 Likes

The Android 10 update for S9 is rolling out now for US and Germany. The S8 may get an official update according to rumors.

2 Likes

I hope so. The news stories I previously read talked about the S8 owners being left out in the cold.

I have only had my S8 for 14 or 15 months, but the S9 was out when I got it.

2 Likes