Post Show Promos

I’ve noticed, for the last few months, that TWiT has started putting trails for their other shows after each show. The other week, for instance, I heard a promo for All About Android at the end of Windows Weekly. Does anyone else find this annoying?

I actually find the in-house ads reasonable. The truth is, I only have time to listen to seven of the network’s shows weekly, but those and the recently in twit spots have made it easy to find some other clips or show episodes that I might find interesting.

3 Likes

The promos for other shows are always at the end of a show, if you’re not interested in them maybe just press stop/next and move on? There are no achievements to collect for you completionists if you listen all the way to end of any show. Once the host starts talking about how to subscribe, etc, I move on.

5 Likes

I don’t mind them at the end since i can skip or wait the 15 seconds or so and it ends by itself. I imagine for many people it is the only way they will find out about some of the new shows.

5 Likes

I hope it’s helped. Personally I’m at my podcast limit, since I’m mostly at home with the wife and kids it takes longer to get through my weekly content, even at near 2x!

Overcast has a neat feature that will autoskip intros and outros by however many seconds you set

3 Likes

Cross promotion Is great. period

5 Likes

It’s a few seconds, not a big deal

3 Likes

Just marketing. Cross promotion is always something worth doing. Thanks for listening :fist_right:t5:

5 Likes

I do not understand. They can advertise other products but not their own?

4 Likes

I don’t find it annoying. I’ve listened to several of them because of a teaser I’ve heard. Not every show they do is my wheelhouse, but I want TWIT to succeed so promote away @Leo!

6 Likes

It’s not that I’m against cross promotion and I suppose that, for everyone who is unfamilar with TWiT shows then it can be good but I, personally, am not a fan of it. You’re right though, I can just configure Overcast to skip the last 15 seconds.

1 Like