A big thanks to the TWiT Staff

I woke up this morning and loaded up pocket casts. I was greeted by a nice list of updated TWiT shows!

I would have totally understood if the shows were delayed due to the recording schedule, but you folks seemed to go the extra mile to get everything out.

So, a huge thank you to all the TWiT Hosts for their displaced schedules, the Producers for working overtime, and the Editors for cranking it into Overdrive to get all the shows out.

Have a good one, everyone! :metal: :+1:

29 Likes

Absolutely our pleasure. And our passion. We really appreciate your support!

12 Likes

I’ll add my gratitude to this. Must have been an extremely busy day in the studio yesterday catching up.

5 Likes

TWiT has my thanks as well for pulling me out of TWiT withdrawal :wink: @mikahsargent was pretty punchy after such a long day. Hope he and all the staff are ok after all that!

6 Likes

I’ll add my thanks as well! That said, I honestly wouldn’t have been upset if some podcasts skipped a week, given the circumstances. I think the fact everyone at TWiT worked so hard to get them out speaks to their dedication! I especially feel that way after @Leo said that they were basically doing the rescheduled podcasts for free, and presumably still paying the hosts out-of-pocket, because advertisers only pay for them on their usual day and time. Made me wonder why that is. Unless I misunderstood?

3 Likes

We decided to err on the side of caution and give advertisers a “make good” for the ads they bought in Wednesday and Thursday’s shows. Lisa was worried that the late release would mean fewer people would be listening to those shows.

For example, if you expect Windows Weekly for your Thursday morning commute but it comes out Friday instead, you may never listen to that episode. We appreciate all our advertisers and want them to keep coming back so we just wrote off those ads.

10 Likes

Thanks for explaining that, Leo. I certainly respect and understand that decision. I suppose delayed episodes might mean fewer listeners, which might affect the numbers TWiT and advertisers are expecting. For those that are subscribed, like me, I’m just happy to get them when they’re released so I watch or listen as soon as I am able. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I love how transparent Leo (and Lisa) is about some of the business side details, as other venues won’t talk about that stuff and will treat it like a trade secret. We viewers may not “need” to know what’s going on, but it’s nice to know.

5 Likes

We’ve got nothing without you. I consider our audience partners in TWiT.

11 Likes

Thank you guys for not skipping this week’s episodes, much appreciated! :+1::+1::+1::clap::clap::clap::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

3 Likes

No way man! Gotta have my WW <or TWiT or TWiG or MacBreak or …> fix.

2 Likes

Agreed. I felt forlorn all week, and I’ll definitely catch up.

3 Likes

@Leo I second this! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the support. We REALLY wanted create content. And were ready to try a plan B of some sort if the electric company didn’t come through. Pretty awesome seeing everyone pull together. It was even better seeing Mr John get to the office before the chickens woke up. I know how much he loves to greet the team with (blaring) classical music as they come in the door. Lol! It’s awesome, actually. I love it.

1 Like