Pixel 4 Launch on the 15th

I gave my son my OG pixel XL when I got my 2 XL. We updated his to 10 as soon as it was available and haven’t had a single problem with it as far as I have seen.

1 Like

As pricey as things are getting, I might just wait and see if they release a Pixel 4A or 4A XL.

1 Like

Good to hear that there’s an original Pixel XL out that running Android 10 successfully. I actually remember Android 9 making it faster, lol but 10 must have touched a piece of the hardware rarely access during the upgrade and it was broken all along, and that broke it. Oh well, I was planning on getting the Pixel 4 XL for sure anyways.

I actually tried out the Pixel 3a for 14 days this summer from Best Buy and ate the $35 restocking fee. Loved the camera on it, and it was nice to have that new camera for my annual family reunion when the photos are the most important. The only thing I didn’t care for was the size of the non-XL size screen because the keyboard felt too narrow compared to my original Pixel XL.

There is a Pixel 3a XL, of course, but you didn’t want that one?

Oh, I tried out the non-XL size for 2 weeks as a way to get an idea if it was comfortable for me or not, and as it turned out, it was a little too small and was still not used to it after 2 weeks.

My Pixel 2XL has been acting janky since the Android 10 upgrade.

Anybody else have this experience?

Nope. Mine has been working beautifully.

1 Like

OG Pixel took a hit when I upgraded to 10 but after Oct update it seems to have settled down. No issues so far.

That said I will not be spending a grand on a phone. I’ll either wait for the 4a or perhaps OnePlus or a Nokia.

My Pixel 2 XL has been operating just fine. In fact, the Android 10 upgrade was awesome and noticeably extended the battery; however, the power socket has become faulty and it is very tricky to connect the power charger. Very frustrating and sad. It has been the best phone I ever had (takes best pics by far of any Nexus, Pixel 1, Samsung, or iPhone (work phone) to date. I’m planning to get the Pixel 4 anyway – although I am a bit worried about the price.

1 Like

Was there a TWiT live special for this? Or is there going to be a recording released?

It’s up.

1 Like

I like how the Verge reported the PixelBook as being an “affordable” Chromebook as if HP and others aren’t selling $250 Chromebooks.

1 Like

Well I definitely think I am going to pass on the pixel 4 lineup. Smaller batteries and lack of fingerprint reader is kind of a deal breaker for me.

1 Like