MBW 794: Canada Loves You Back

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

Great discussion this week.

Re: Apple Auto. Could it be that they are looking to go fully automated and not sell cars, but do a sort of autonomous chauffeur service?

I think it was Alex saying they want to integrate everything. What is with, for example, your iPhone/Mac/iCloud tracking you business plans and automatically scheduling an Apple Auto to be waiting at the door, when you need to leave for your next meeting, the airport etc. seamless integration, your phone is automatically joined to the vehicle as you step inside, and automatically disconnected when you leave the vehicle? Payment is automatically taken care of with ApplePay etc.

Obviously, this would only work in large cities, at least to start with. Whether they have their own drivers in the beta phase, or whether it is still a few years away and they will be testing full automation first, get it certified, then let it out to the general public, is another, very interesting, question.

I think they wouldn’t be able to make enough vehicles, in the short term, to enable it to be widely used by everybody, so keeping it an exclusive subscription model for existing (high-end) Apple users would make sense as well. Roll it out is high-value cities, with lots of business users - SF, LA, NY, London, Paris, Berlin, Frankfurt, Rome, those sorts of places.

3 Likes

I bought the Satechi USB dock that Alex recommended a few weeks back. That was hard to find here. I went through several stores, before I found anywhere that sold it.

Amazon seems to sell every one of their products, except, this model. Alternate don’t sell it either. I eventually ended up at Gravis, they were a bit pricey and charged 15€ for delivery, but at least I could get it. Now just waiting for everything to be delivered.

1 Like