Ideas for possible future shows for the TWiT network

Listening to the Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro announcement on TWiT News, I was struck by two things: @Leo ‘s depth of knowledge behind his comments on the Mini and the Mini Pro, and the fact that he gets asked by schools and churches to advise on making the switch to audiovisual presentation for the new isolation environment.

I could see the potential for a show or shows targeted on the one individual in an organisation with a bit of A/V knowledge who gets asked to organise the switch to all-remote presentation, maybe highlighting how something like the ATEM Mini can help with getting a professional setup, and the typical pitfalls. I’m guessing that there are different problems to be addressed for schools or churches or small-to-medium-sized businesses, which might justify separate episodes.

Maybe focusing on minimum cost setups because some of those organisations won’t have any budget set aside for this.

Recommendations on mics, cameras and other kit, so that people end up with stuff that actually suits their situation, rather than (for example) popular podcasting condenser mics that are a nightmare to use in a non-damped domestic environment. How to connect it all up for a good workflow. What shots are the most useful if you have a multi-camera setup (eg for churches).

An episode from Fr. Robert on how he has his one-person studio set up might be useful too.

2 Likes

Ooh that reminds me! @ant_pruitt and Alex Lindsay did an AMAZING Hands on Tech where they geeked out for 30 min about videography. Would have listened to that for hours! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I must have missed that one. Time to fire up YouTube…

2 Likes

Reflecting on how busy Alex Lindsay is now he’s advising companies how to do remote AV, maybe forget the show idea and just have Leo hire himself out at consultancy rates to businesses who need advice.

That knowledge is scarce right now, and it’s only fair that the people who have it get properly rewarded for sharing it.

I was star struck. Probably could tell :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Which episode was that?

1 Like

My google fu would lead me to believe it to be this one:

3 Likes

Aha, thanks for that. I made the assumption that it was a recent one. I went to Ant’s list of appearances and couldn’t see it in the first two pages.

3 Likes

Yes that’s the one! Sorry I didn’t see your reply! It is older. I fall behind really quickly on the video podcasts. :sweat_smile:

Interesting to see a show about wellness coming, that’ll be interesting. I had signed in just to suggest a show about health, even perhaps men’s health (because we’re generally bad at it), but with @mikahsargent as host. He’s clearly done a lot of research around it,

1 Like

It’s not just coming but already here. We have a few episodes so far. It’s hosted by @ant_pruitt: twit.tv/how

Ant, I see you doing cross promotion for Hands on Photography, but none yet for Hands on Wellness?

4 Likes

Hmmm. Interesting. You don’t see ANY of my #HOW promotions I post? It’s definitely front of mind. I even did some BTS on IGTV today about it.

1 Like

Well, whenever I see one of your promos for one of your shows on some other show, it’s always for Hands on Photography. I watch every show, so it seems like HOW would be in there somewhere… Weird!

And I mean cross promos on TWiT - I don’t mean on other networks. :smiley:

1 Like

THANKS for this feedback. And thanks for sharing the show with everyone. :blush::blush::blush:

3 Likes

Hi. There are many podcasts that address accessibility. Many folks in the mainstream who do not need accessibility options themselves may know someone who could benefit from them. As a rehab instructor for an agency serving people who are blind/low vision, I know that they generally find the niche podcasts for this purpose. But, a sighted person may want to know about these things to recommend them to their iddle-aged or aging parent, for instance. How about Hands on Accessibility? Is there enough content for a show? I think so, especially if you take all the various accessibility options and then include popular apps for those who have vision, motor, hearing or cognitive disabilities. Just a thought…

1 Like

I still think there should be hands on gaming podcast. Even once every 2 weeks . @ohthatflo Florence would be a good host along with another host.

2 Likes